Walbro 194 vs the 824??????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddBomber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I always assumed (yes I'm ignorant at times) that my MS260 Pro had a WT-194 carb on it. So I went poking through my IPL and it lists 4 different carbs (WT-426, WT-427, WT-590, WT-403A). I have both H and L adjustments, so I knew it wasn't the WT-403A. I pulled the carb off, and found that it says WTE-824. This carb isn't listed in the IPL, and I can find very little info on it. Is the WT-194 a better carb?

My saw makes decent power and I am happy with it, and wouln't switch unless i'm missing out on easy power.
Also what's up with the WTE? I know most Walbros for 50cc are the WT and HD. I can't find any listing for any WTE carbs anywhere (only WT/WTA).

(Also... My Jonsered's IPL lists a ZAMA carb, but it has a Walbro.)

I have heard the WT194 is the best option to use on the MS-260 saws. Most people replace theres because they want to mod the muffler ,saw, or both. the WT-194 carb solves alot of problems because it has the H and L ajustment screws on it so you can ajust the saw after doing mods. if you have the H and L screws already I dont see any reason to change what you have unless you have a problem with your saw. Rick.

attachment.php
I think when I rebuilt my 026 all there was on the carb was 194 stamped into the carb and I forgot where on the carb it was(I no longer have it).Heres a couple pics of the 194 carb off my 026.
attachment.php
These are the only pics I have.I think the number 194 was stamped on the side where you can't see it unless you take it off.

Last edited:
Back