Walbro carb swap, venturi and other questions. Makita Dolmar DCS401

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the 9,000 rpm figure off of Bailey's page here There is a pdf of the owner's manual there, and it lists the same 9,000 rpm.

Bailey's catalogs get that crossed up with MANY saws, that is, peak power vs no-load-max rpm. Obviously not the gospel.

Sometimes you need more than one source for info.

Sorry for the long response, bad day with the saw and needed to vent.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to start out with a MM and re-tune on my Makita and see how she does. I just wanted something small and light to hide in my car trunk for any wood discoveries that I come across on the way home from work. I have a Dolmar 109 for this but I think she's a little over used and may need a new ring. I just keep my trunk monkey saw full of fuel and bar oil and that is enough cutting time to fill a large trunk. It's amazing how much wood you can collect when you consistently bring home trunk fulls of choice wood.

Sorry for the long response, bad day with the saw and needed to vent.

Thanks for the reply, sorry you had a crap day - we all have them sometimes, but that doesn't help when it's you that is swearing.

Good luck getting to the bottom of your list of "issues". From here I can't seem to add them all up and make any sense. Obviously the drive issue will be sorted out with a bit of a look, but the carby issues sound like a mare to fix. Sounds like it isn't pulling quite enough air through, am I correct in assuming you didn't do any port work or match up any of the inlet tract? Just did a muff mod? How aggressively did you open the muffler?
The list of questions is kinda for my benefit more than yours perhaps - again, good luck getting it sorted.

I wish the forum would start a Library. This way we could post the shop manuals and IPL's in one place for all to use.

Did you ever get the Dolmar manual? If you want a copy, send me an email address via PM and I will send you a copy of the one I have. PS-340, 341, 400, 401.

Back