Walbro Carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info, i need to get some sort of small vac. I know the diaphagm was stiff and warped with a small hole in it. all the gaskets were stuck and hard on the body parts. Took the L and H screws out and cleaned them they looked good, just waiting on the rebuild kit now.

Thanks for the info, i need to get some sort of small vac. I know the diaphagm was stiff and warped with a small hole in it. all the gaskets were stuck and hard on the body parts. Took the L and H screws out and cleaned them they looked good, just waiting on the rebuild kit now.

Yeah sounds like it's been sitting awhile. If the rebuild kit doesn't set you back much you can try it; but if it's something you'll be doing again; good idea to check those little check valves and such first because they can't really be replaced. Well I say that, maybe someone has figured out a way but for a $20 carb, is it worth it?

The kit was 4$ so I’ll give it a try. But went to my local Lowe’s to get a spark plug for my mower and they had a poulan pro 42cc with 18 in bar for 60$. It was a leftover model from 2018 that they found a pallet of and clearanced out to get rid of. So needles to say it can hone with me. 63$ with tax. Now this saw may just get fixed and sold.

Well the poulan is going back. It’s not very well made And doesn’t appear it will last long.

New problem I have now is the saw will start after you prime it and then will immediately die. I’m stumped.

If you goose the throttle will it keep running or does that have no effect? Might just need some tuning, too - did you turn the adjustment screws at all?

If you goose the throttle it does nothing dies immediately either way. I turned the adjustment screws in and then back out 1.5 turns, and the main idle screw is 4 turns out. It seems as though as soon as the gas in the carb is burned off it dies almost like its starving for fuel. The fuel filter and line is new. SO...

Thanks for the info. Got it to idle now to try and get it dialed in. I suck ar adjusting carbs

Thanks for the info. Got it to idle now to try and get it dialed in. I suck ar adjusting carbs

Someone made a pretty good post about how to tune a diaphragm carburetor on this forum. Pretty solid details.
Basically I start out by setting the H/L screws to (in your case, what will run on L and H turn to 1 - 1 1/2 out from gently seated), turning the idle to about 500 RPM over what the book says it needs to be, then find the lean drop off on the L screw (there's more to it than this but this is the gist) and then turn the idle back to 500 over, then use the L screw to bring the idle back down to where it should be. Should give you nice crisp throttle response and then just dial your H in to whatever speed it needs to be probably 11-13k for that saw.
Basically as long as you don't have a fault in your carb, no air leak, good clean filters & plug this setup shouldn't give you any problems - also be sure and use good quality gas & 2 cyl oil.

Well got to mess with it some. Think the main idle is shot. No matter what I did didn’t change idle. If sears ever sends the replacement I’m changing it out.

Well got to mess with it some. Think the main idle is shot. No matter what I did didn’t change idle. If sears ever sends the replacement I’m changing it out.

The idle is a mechanical screw that just slightly opens or closes the throttle butterfly - it's possible it's turned so far out that it's not making contact; or if idle speed doesn't change w/ idle adjustment then you might be getting secondary air from somewhere (such as a bad throttle shaft).

But I'd check to make sure the idle screw is in far enough that it's actually moving the throttle plate.

Checked the screw and no where in it’s travels does it contact the throttle. Almost looks like the shaft is bent on the end.

Looking at the photos closely, it looks like your throttle lever plate is all messed up...like it's been ground off or modded in some way....also rusty and a mess. I, like Sam R, think it might be best to get a new carburetor.

Shoot, didn't even realize he'd put up pictures ages ago. Yeah, I would feel safe in saying that carb is probably toast.

Well sears sucks at shipping parts, the carb is a walbro wt463 anyone know a replacement for this as it is no longer made. Does the MTD Carburetor 753-06728 work?

Latest posts

Back