want a outdoor forced air wood furnace

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good still Dave. I'm burning 32" wood splits in my Fawcett and I think we are burning less wood. The longer splits tend to leave more hot coals at the sides too so restarts are easier. Usually just have to stir up the coals and set the long splits on top and it restarts itself.
IMG_20180107_133336.jpg IMG_20180107_133354.jpg IMG_20180107_133414.jpg

DJ1
What is the make of you units and are they designed for your application??
Thanks!!!

The actual furnace is made in Canada, Enterprise Fawcett. They are intended to be either a add on or stand alone wood burning hot air furnace. I made it work for me with the little shed. If you check out the pic Cantoo just posted, that is what it looks like before I built around them. I have more pics if you would like any.

Looking good still Dave. I'm burning 32" wood splits in my Fawcett and I think we are burning less wood. The longer splits tend to leave more hot coals at the sides too so restarts are easier. Usually just have to stir up the coals and set the long splits on top and it restarts itself.
View attachment 623879 View attachment 623880 View attachment 623881

Nest year I am going to cut some longer wood (my splitter will only take up to 31") just to have on extremely cold nights. I can keep the house warm enough in 20 below but it would be nice to keep it warm for a longer time between fills. In that weather I was at about 6 hrs, 8 over night (I need my sleep) LOL

My brother has the US Stove model, and has been running it for 3 or 4 winters now. It works VERY good and I can't see where it eats wood...

When I'm there, his house is nice and warm and he doesn't have to keep it packed with wood or have to mess with it. I know for a fact he burns quite a bit less wood that I do to keep my house warm...

I've actually been thinking of switching to one like his...

SR

I just replaced the door gasket on mine, it seems to burn a lot less wood and the fire/heat lasts longer. I was away a little over 10 hrs yesterday, temps didn't break 20 and started out at 2, when I got home it was 73 in the house and 14 outside. I can't complain :) I should have replaced the gasket years ago....lol

Latest posts

Back