wanted free hard wood firewood logs tree trunks thick branches

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny100

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
wanted free hard wood firewood logs tree trunks thick branches

i only got a 18 inch poulan pro gas chain saw
also got pick up truck to haul wood
if needed i could borrow a trailer

like wood to be near lebanon county in pa

if any body has any please email me and message me
[email protected]

Gunny- you have tools to accomplish your goals - phone and phone book, Craigs list under services, just call call and ask- be polite and do not get upset. The bulk of the time you will get no for an answer, but the possibility of finding a service that just hauls to the recycling center ( which costs them funds to dump) is out there. Particularly if you are close to the job sight or perhaps might invite you to come and retrieve some. Also the bulk of the time it is going to be things like silver maple, Box Elder, Mountain Ash, conifers and such. premium stuff like Oak Hickory Sugar Maple Rock Elm will be hard to come by. craig's list ads are one source although got to be somewhat careful with those. Personally I do not answer ads that want me to provide a removal service and pay them for the privilege of draging 60 grand of equipment + insurance out to clean up someones yard if you get my drift. I am not in that business, nor am I in the firewood selling business. Fact is I give some away every year and not the just cut, green as sin stuff either but properly dried usable in any type of appliance or outdoor recreational settings. Once in a blue moon someone will ask to by a trunk load or a 1/3 of a cord which if I have sufficient quantities available I will oblige them.

I have posted ads on Kijiji looking for hardwood.
Sometimes you lose and sometimes you win with placing ads.
Scored lots of Maple, Oak, Cherry and Elm that way but also have found lots of other softwoods.
Also asked Hydro line cutters for wood and even went to owners of downed trees to ask if I could remove it.
It all burns.

I think you have to be flexible if you want people to just give you stuff.

I'll take any amount of money given. It doesn't have to be $100,000,000, but it would be nice!

Gunny, you're in luck, we did a clear cut for a big lake project a few weeks ago and we have a log pile of rough logs, ie. Hackberry, sycamore, siberian elm, etc. You drive out here, (Illinois) and I will give you all you can legally haul in a pickup and up to a 16' flat trailer, I'll buck them to fit your rig and load them w a grapple. Most will be 18-24" at the butt. I'll even throw in a nice black locust log. Only one condition; that is that you did serve as a Gunnery Sergeant in the USMC and recieved an Honorable Discharge, bring your DD214 w you.

Im serious as a heart attack, offer only good to the OP.

Red elm good on you although I doubt the will fulfill the requirements, but maybe.... Ill get inline for the million also

Wanted

$100,000,000, PayPal is fine, but could you gift it to me so I don't need to pay the fees?

I can't do the $100mil, but I can give you $1mil if that's OK. You need to travel to my destination (Kenya) to get it, as well as provide a $10,000 deposit, then I can release the million and refund your $10k. Deal???

Gunny- you have tools to accomplish your goals - phone and phone book, Craigs list under services, just call call and ask- be polite and do not get upset.

Also the bulk of the time it is going to be things like silver maple, Box Elder, Mountain Ash, conifers and such. premium stuff like Oak Hickory Sugar Maple Rock Elm will be hard to come by.

Agree.

Gunny, you are asking for free primo wood from a group who either make a living selling or heat their home with wood. Furthermore the number of people on this forum who are within your local market is probably only in single digits. Your only hope here is to find someone who has more wood than they can deal with (which is rare).

Spend your energy prospecting in your local market as outlined above.

Agree.

Gunny, you are asking for free primo wood from a group who either make a living selling or heat their home with wood. Furthermore the number of people on this forum who are within your local market is probably only in single digits. Your only hope here is to find someone who has more wood than they can deal with (which is rare).

Spend your energy prospecting in your local market as outlined above.

I'm at the point of thinking this is a troll. About 2 or 3 times a year we'll see this thread pop back up, then when some of the regulars post a response, they're just stonewalled, and the thread eventually just dies off. Gunny if you're reading this, let me offer some friendly advice. No one, and I mean no one on here, is going to take the time to offer up free wood for you that they went through the trouble of collecting it for themselves. You may get lucky and have a tree service drop off a s--tload of wood at your place, but that's probably only after knowing the owner of the company for a while. You'll just have to do the legwork like everyone else on here. Answer craigslist adds, keep your ears open for friends or neighbors that need help felling trees and work at it from that angle. There's a looooooonnnnnnnggggggg running thread on here about scrounging firewood (started by mainewoods, I believe). It'll take you a day to go through all of the pages. If that doesn't give you any ideas as to how to get firewood, then you're in the wrong forum. This is the last time I'm even going to look at these assinine threads of his.

I see he's posted a total of 47 times since January and I know I've seen several "ads" like this around multiple boards. If he contributed to the forum in any way he might stand a snowball's chance of getting something from one of the members.

I just noticed something funny. At the bottom of each page there is a section labeled "Similar Threads". There are five posts listed and each one was started by Gunny. I have no problem with a guy asking, but I wonder if it's ever paid off for him, or as posted by another, it's just a troll trying to stir things up.

Either way, I don't care too much and see it as pretty harmless. Doesn't take more than a few seconds to click and read the OP to decide whether to read-on or just exit the post.

I also notice his advice in the Homeowner Helper forum is invariably, "You should cut that tree up for firewood."

Back