Wanted roller bar for MAC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOBRDGO

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
My ebay saw turned up sans bar. Ebay sucks sometimes. I need a bar for Placerville. Us Mac guys gotta stick together can anyone help me out?
Thanks Jared

the only SP125 bars i have are oregon contours. the old 3 rivet sprocket nose. i have one with a usable tip and 2 more with no tips. one of the bars with no tip is coming with me if i do indeed get to placerville. im donating it to the pile for the winner of one of the competitions.

Do you have something that you can send to Dean and make me a useable bar???

i think a bar like what i have can be modded for a wheel nose. can can probly tackle that. make me an offer on a bar if you want one. has good rails on it, side surface rust. would polish up real nice and be far slicker than a painted surface. if you polish you will have to keep it coated in WD-40 or a better silicone lube.

I dont know if it'll work or not, but I've got a 34" sprocket nose oregon bar here, one of the 3 rivet contour tips like Ben has, I'd be willing to let it go if you're interested.

bar is 37" overall length. no noticable wear on rails. just been sitting years and years. i do not have tips of any kind for this bar. i can find contour tips but only 3/8"

if you've got some 3/8 tips, I could use one for my bar, if I keep it, I'm converting my saw to a smaller pitch than .404, so I want to be able to do this right.

Dedcow do you know the original chain size for that bar? Please send me a picture. Roller nose or not, ???? the torpedoes, I'm goin racin.

Dedcow I got your other shirt in today. Maybe I can throw in a buck or two and you can send me that bar.

I didn't even bother trying to find a Mac bar. Just like Al Smith has done, I modified a large-mount Stihl bar by drilling out the oiler/adjuster slot and making little adapters for the studs. Ain't particularly pretty but it gets the job done. Did the same for my Homey 2100.

Stupid me made the chain 1 driver too long so it is as tight as it will go and as soon as the chain loosens I'll have to pull a link.

Chris B.

PICT1212.jpg

It showed up, There is a God!! I got to fire this sucker up today. Did a little cutting on a plumb tree. I expected her to cut better, but there's hope yet. My back hurts like a mother! No way in hel! I could run a 100 cc saw all day. LOL

if anybody wants a mac bar, i still have that Oregon contour bar with no tip available. i want $35 plus shipping. rails are perfect on it. will be giving it a sanding and a light oil coating in the next couple days. over all length without the tip is 37" has stamp of canada patent 1971

numbers on bar:
23298 - 3/8
23300 - 404
3663 2054 F

Latest posts

Back