Washington County Fair Saw Race, Jackson WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z4lunch

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Steve here...
I put together a saw race this summer during our County Fair. It is comming up in two weeks...
It will be a very small cash payout for 1st thru 3rd and plaques for the same.
I will have a modified class and or an antique class if need be.

The race will be on Saturday night at 7:00pm July 24th. I have brochures and pre registaion forms. The location is about 40 minutes northwest of Milwaukee. This will be rain or shine. The race will be held in a covered show arena with lights, and bleachers.

Here are the classes, these may be changed as needed. The classes will be $3 a class pre register, and $5 a class the day of the race. I have 10X10 white pine cants, and some larger rounds if needed . The race will be a hot start over the log, with three cuts. Please contact me with any questions.

Stock saws
2.0-2.5cube inch
2.6-3.0
3.1-3.5
3.6-4.0
4.1-4.9
5.0-up
And a modified class if any saws show up.
This is all subject to change depending on what we get for saws
Remember to get to cubes from cc's multiply cc's by .061

Steve,

I am planning on being there but I thought it was in West Bend. I would like to know if any other mebers will be there. I am not sure if I am going to bring saws or if I will just watch. Also where does the 090 fit in ? Is that antique or is that class 6. If it is class 6 then what about a Contra ?

Bill

Bill,
yep class 6 for either the 090 or the Contra.. I didn't know if I needed the larger classes because there aren't too many people in my area with big saws. After the race this year I will have a better idea on classes.
Steve
414-507-0230

PS the fair grounds are North of Jackson and South of West Bend, btween Hyw 45 and P. The exit is Pleasant Valley road, or PV.
Anyone with questions please call.

Last edited:
I'll be there with 5, maybe 6 saws if the McC 92 is done, but that is a big maybe on the kart saw. My cousin Paul is going with me, a saw in each class for him, including a McC 100 twin carb for the mod class. This is going to be fun!

Hey Scott
I remeber meeting Paul at Logging Congress last year in Escanaba MI. I am looking forward to this event but not the speed bagging I got coming from Steve.Seth

Steve has been honing his saws. He really pays attention to the details. Are you going to have your mod 7900 there? I really want to see one run. Here is my MC92 as of last weekend. I have the old paint blasted now, and the last few parts should be in the mail on Monday. Then it's ready for assembly. See you there.

saw race

Steve here...
Just a quick note for you fellas that r bringing saws... The bar and chain needs to be removed from the power head or covered with a scabbard when coming and going from the fair grounds.
Anyone who still would like a flyer, please let me know

Mod class

Steve here...
Because this is the first year for this race, and I have no idea what kind of turnout to expect. I have one class for the modified saws. The other classes are for stock saws
Steve

Back