Waterford Porcelain steel woodstoves

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinesawyer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Anyone have or have ever used a Waterford Erin Model Porcelain steel wood stove? Just picked one up in good condition for $175

Have only seen one other for sale on the het and they were asking $1,000

Made in Ireland. Real pretty stove, but likely not efficient compared to todays stoves. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these stoves.

Fired up the Harmon boiler this morning for the season. Should be burning until May!!!!!

Thanks in advance for any info.

Waterford stoves are very high quality and efficient. In 1989 I went in with my brother, sister and parents, we bought 4 Waterfords, the smallest model. I replaced mine 9 years later because we jumped from 880 sf to 1200 sf and the stove was a bit too small, same with my brother sister. My parents are still using theirs and love it.

I replaced mine with a Vermont Casting Acclaim, which was a bit too large and a pain in the ass to operate. My old Waterford is still in use in my shop, which I work in fulltime, so it gets run every day in winter.

Two years ago I wanted a larger Waterford to replace the Acclaim, but found out they were no longer imported, was bummed. The closest stove I could find in a non-cat, efficient cast iron, was a Jotul, so we got a F 118 CB and absolutely love it.

Waterfords are fine stoves, for sure!

I had an ashling also, tiny firebox, good heat, not very long burn times though. I do not miss it. Nice looking stove though. I really like my non cat blaze king "king"!!

Latest posts

Back