wayne bed knife

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseldude

Reaction score
I run a small ag shop. I have an old WAYNE 16" chipper in my shop. Someone has welded the hex shaped bed knife to the BOTTOM of the clamp. I've found my replacement knives but the clamping arrangement makes no sense to me. I'm wondering if the bed plate has been modified by a moron. This thing was totally unsafe with an inch of clearance and a loose bedplate. I really need some kind of a parts diagram or service manual. Any idea where I might find one, or buy a photocopy?

thanks
DIESELDUDE

dieseldude,
Let me be the first to welcome you to arboristsite. :dizzy: You have entered a very cool world of info here.

I dont know much about wayne chippers but, hopefully someone will chime in with some helpfull info. ;)

chuck & ducks ROCK
:p

bed knife

dieseldude said:
I run a small ag shop. I have an old WAYNE 16" chipper in my shop. Someone has welded the hex shaped bed knife to the BOTTOM of the clamp. I've found my replacement knives but the clamping arrangement makes no sense to me. I'm wondering if the bed plate has been modified by a moron. This thing was totally unsafe with an inch of clearance and a loose bedplate. I really need some kind of a parts diagram or service manual. Any idea where I might find one, or buy a photocopy?

thanks
DIESELDUDE

the bed knife is 6 sided. the torque on clamp bolts is 27-30 ft. lbs. the knifes
are to be 3/8 to7/16 above drum. the gap between the two knives is .015 to .025. waynes are great and fast but if your not careful your dead. GOOD LUCK

bed knife

dieseldude said:

thanks
DIESELDUDE

the bed knife is 6 sided. the torque on clamp bolts is 27-30 ft. lbs. the knifes
are to be 3/8 to7/16 above drum. the gap between the two knives is .015 to .025. waynes are great and fast but if your not careful your dead. GOOD LUCK

Latest posts

Back