weird

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardy steve

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Last night while taking a shower I had about a 1 second cold water blast.Cold water from where?It lasted a blink of an eye.Any ideas?Checked owb,water lines.Everthing looks good.

Wow. It takes you a whole second to blink?;)

Do you currently have a pressure balanced tub/shower faucets installed?

My water is just fine....J/k! What type of DHW do you have? Ive found a DHW coil inside a boiler will do that if someone flushes or runs a faucet...its just restrictive enough to cause it.. I have a superstore DHW for that reason,its totally unaffected by someone flushing or using a faucet somewhere else...I have a 2 fam with 3.5 baths,so it happens all the time,but you never know it..my plumber insisted on the setup for that reason..

Did some joker sneak into your shower room and dump a cold one on you???

Shari
(who slinks back into the corner)

:biggrinbounce2: If I'm down in the basement when anybody is taking a shower,I will reach up and shut off the hot water...

Last night while taking a shower I had about a 1 second cold water blast.Cold water from where?It lasted a blink of an eye.Any ideas?Checked owb,water lines.Everthing looks good.

Do you have an anti scald mixing valve installed? Sometimes they will act up on occasion...

Well it doesn't sound like an issue.I'll ask wife if she ran water if it happens a next time,or I'll test it with her showering:greenchainsaw:

I dont know anything about this but could of it been a little air in the line and instead of getting a mix you only got cold water?

If no one else is using hot water, this is what's happening. When your water heater isn't being used(hot water being pulled out) it is at it's "max" heat. For me it is 185 degrees. When some water is pulled from it, it refills with your cold water. That sudden burst of cold water takes awhile to heat and it is more noticeable at first. You are using very little hot water because of the temp. As the temp of the water heater goes down you use more volume(hot water) so it isn't as noticeable.

I'd be interested as well to know if one of those programmable water temp shower valves keeps this from happening.

Back