What a wonderfull day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobby climber

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
After work(my day job), I went to work for myself. Showed up at customers house about 5pm, sun was shining, bird singing, T/D went smooth and owner said he has a friend who may have some more tree work for me. Just one of those great days spent in a tree! As it started to get dark, a couple of deer emerged from the wood-lot to investigate my work as the home owner and I were enjoying a cold one. Yup, what a great day! :) Ya ever have a day like that? HC

Yes but today wasn't it. Still, the first job went smoothly. I got to give a bid to a gender-challenged individual which was both confusing and amusing. I took my buddy who was helping by to look at a house which he wound up submitting a contract on. The afternoon job was absolutely horrid-someone took down a huge Cottonwood over an inactive ditch years ago. There were some huge chunks of wood to dice up and remove from the ditch.As it turned out there was more than just those huge chunks-apparently the dumped the entire tree in to the ditch and dropped the trunkwood on top! Worked on it far too long and wound up leaving a couple of truckloads of bark in the bottom of the ditch with the owner's approval. :rolleyes: On the other hand we hauled a couple of cords of wood over to an old man who heats with wood and apparrently has little money. On the way we saw five deer browsing crabapple blooms in mid afternoon. Not such a bad day really. :)

Those days ar far and few between. Yeah, I love those nice, easy going days!

I spent the evening yesterday fly fiishing on a quiet spot on the river nearby. Not another person in sight. Didn't catch a thing but soaked up the sunset. It was awesome.

I haven't been out fly fishing yet this year. Good to have another fly angler in the bunch. Yeah, I could fly fish for hours, especially in the morning, and not catch a thing and have the best time. Serene, isn't it? :cool:

Back