What are these insects and what should I do about them?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PennyHolmes

Reaction score
I have hundreds of these little white bugs on a tree in my front yard. They are not fuzzy.

I have no idea what kind of tree it is. The home builder put it in and I have never seen it before. It has very small hard spiny fruits on it in the spring. I assume it is a type of ornamental fuit tree.

I have hundreds of these little white bugs on a tree in my front yard. They are not fuzzy.

I have no idea what kind of tree it is. The home builder put it in and I have never seen it before. It has very small hard spiny fruits on it in the spring. I assume it is a type of ornamental fuit tree.

Just a guess the pic is blurryhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemlock_woolly_adelgid

Can you take a better close up picture. If you know someone with a Blackberry Torch it has a close up mode in the camera, that will work. Do they fly? How long are they?

Latest posts

Back