What bearings do I need for red light 066

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cas101326

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Could someone help me with some part numbers or info on crank bearings and seals I need for my red light 066? I’ve read lots of stuff discussing differences in size of crankshafts and things like that, but couldn’t find any definite info on part numbers/specs or anything like that

Could someone help me with some part numbers or info on crank bearings and seals I need for my red light 066? I’ve read lots of stuff discussing differences in size of crankshafts and things like that, but couldn’t find any definite info on part numbers/specs or anything like that
Beg for manuals thread.
ipls and service manual from Ray

hope that helps.

Attachments

• 066_IPL.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
but on flywheel side it shows 2 seals, 19&34. Is this correct and I need both or is this for two different variants and I only need the correct one of the two for my particular saw?
If you buy a seal and gasket set, it will come with both fw seals and a pto side seal

If you buy a seal and gasket set, it will come with both fw seals and a pto side seal
I have not found one listed, that’s kinda what I was looking for though. If I could get my wife on board with the idea, I’d just send it to you and let you work your magic on it! It’s not in bad shape at all but I wanna put some new bearings in it when I put this piston kit in it

I have not found one listed, that’s kinda what I was looking for though. If I could get my wife on board with the idea, I’d just send it to you and let you work your magic on it! It’s not in bad shape at all but I wanna put some new bearings in it when I put this piston kit in it
Bearing replacement is another animal compared to just piston/cyl replacement. Do you have the tools to crack the case and re-assemble?

I have the same saw, ‘92.

Bearing replacement is another animal compared to just piston/cyl replacement. Do you have the tools to crack the case and re-assemble?

I have the same saw, ‘92.
I’ve always used a brass hammer,heat,and a press to remove everything, then case halves in oven and bearings in freezer to install new. Is the 066 exceptionally hard compared to 372/395 husky’s?

I’ve always used a brass hammer,heat,and a press to remove everything, then case halves in oven and bearings in freezer to install new. Is the 066 exceptionally hard compared to 372/395 husky’s?
No, straight forward deal :D
The tools make it a lot easier, however.
I had several builds to do so wound up getting everything:p

I say send it. 👍

It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission

But I’m certain there is a set of gaskets and seals sold as a kit for that model. And it is cheaper than buying just the seals

I say send it. 👍

It’s easier to ask for forgiveness that it is permission

But I’m certain there is a set of gaskets and seals sold as a kit for that model. And it is cheaper than buying just the seals
Send it he has a great rep.

I say send it. 👍

It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission

Pm me a price. Never know I may be able to talk my wife into it!

Latest posts

Back