What can this tub grinder do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arch

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
We have a grinder at work that we got used from an equipment yard. I am trying to find some information on it, but I am having a really hard time. I can’t even seem to find a website for the company, which I believe is the top word on the build plate.

Mainly right now we would like to know what these were typically used for, and how much it can grind. We have some large slabs and aren’t sure if they can go in whole.

Also, does anybody have any idea what kind of chips would come out of it? Would they be like the mulch that comes out of the larger tub grinders, or would they be more like OSB strands? I included a picture of the teeth and the output shoot. I think that it is about four inches tall. I can’t remember exactly, and I’m guessing from that banding clip laying there.

I included pictures of it sitting upside down. The round part of the back piece goes on the round part of the front. Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Well I have never seen anything like that before but I think the company name is Hatlapa. A google of that name comes up to a company that is in the marine business. Looks like they make a lot of industrial marine equipment. Maybe it is some type of grinder for the marine industry.

Here is there web site http://www.hatlapa.de/

Good luck.

How do you guys know that it was used for grinding up fish parts? I saw that marine industry link, but they do not sell any grinders. Can you guys give me anything to look for other than a hunch based on a company that may or may not have made it?

I can get some more pics of the teeth tomorrow, but for now here is another one that is listed on a woodworking auction site.

http://www.c-machinery.com/auction/shutter/grinder.htm

The specs on that machine are almost identical to the one that we have.

How do you guys know that it was used for grinding up fish parts? I saw that marine industry link, but they do not sell any grinders. Can you guys give me anything to look for other than a hunch based on a company that may or may not have made it?

I can get some more pics of the teeth tomorrow, but for now here is another one that is listed on a woodworking auction site.

http://www.c-machinery.com/auction/shutter/grinder.htm

The specs on that machine are almost identical to the one that we have.

Cat food grinder.

Can you tell me how you know? I'd like to be able to explain it to my boss and have some idea of why.

Oh I really don't know for sure. An old guy that works for us fished commercially for 25 years and looked at it and told me it was a food process type machine. I guess if your boss wants it not to be a cat food grinder bad enough maybe it won't be.

Alrighty guys thanks. I'll add that the opening for feeding it is twelve feet off of the ground...way too high for a skid steer to load it. It makes sense that it was used for something else, but I just wanted to get as much info on it as I could before we went to all the trouble to set it up.

Alrighty guys thanks. I'll add that the opening for feeding it is twelve feet off of the ground...way too high for a skid steer to load it. It makes sense that it was used for something else, but I just wanted to get as much info on it as I could before we went to all the trouble to set it up.

Well based on what I see I wouldn't go to the trouble.

Here I found this on the net at an auction. Looks similar to your machine. Appears it may have been used in a furniture building unit. I would suppose it is for grinding small scraps and cut offs. Just a guess. I don't think it would be used for grinding logs and rough debris.

The link is http://www.c-machinery.com/auction/shutter/grinder.htm

Again good luck.

Grinders

Hatlapa R100 Grinder

Hatlapa R100 Grinder - Mach.#2005020 - 40HP, 230/460V - 126" H x 72" Diameter - Another 20HP Motor At Bottom Of Cone For Grinding - Elec. Panel -PORIVESHER WEG - Hood Lifts Up By 1/3HP Motor - Cutter Unit R100 - 6' Dia. Opening On Top

Well thanks everyone. I should also mention that we are a lumber yard that specializes in reclaiming antique heart pine. Most of the scraps that we would grind up would be an inch thick or less, and then maybe a few slabs off of an occasional tree. We would't be putting stumps or whole logs in there.

Well thanks everyone. I should also mention that we are a lumber yard that specializes in reclaiming antique heart pine. Most of the scraps that we would grind up would be an inch thick or less, and then maybe a few slabs off of an occasional tree. We would't be putting stumps or whole logs in there.

Might work.

Back