What chainsaws do you recommend for new tree service?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sell the 391 and upgrade!
in time I'll be selling the 391. Right now can't justify it after getting the 362 and just yesterday purchasing a 6x12 lopro dump trailer.

Put a new 201tc in there hands, they will be cured of any doubts they have, and will sell many more fore you.
This is old news and most are past it now.
As for the early ones an ignition timing advance will put it right with the 200t ;).

I'm sure I could find some cash in your budget or something you don't "need" if you really want one.
Life is a series of making sacrifices for what we want. Just as I could afford my pole building if I sold all my saws or sold my tractor, but obviously I'm not that committed to it or you would see a lot of saws listed, at least not yet ;).

On the money my man.
Then sell the racy ms290 and get a 241 to fill the void :yes:.
no need for the 241 for me I sold the 290 to make my purchase on the 362. Ever since then I couldn't have been more happier

Attachments

• IMG_20170324_150736254_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170324_150736254_HDR.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 25
As far as I recall it was our member @blsnelling / Brad who first documented the needed modifications to get the "old" 201 up to 200 specs. I wouldn't be suprised if Stihl even simply copied his method with sending out the modified parts.

Actually the " fix " was out to dealers within 30 days. I recall getting updated carbs to try then it was coils.. lastly it was a flywheel.. I have not had to pull one apart in a very long time but from what I see it has all be reworked into the latter production saws. Once a 200T is retired a 201T is the next in rotation.

I bought the 150t last month, after starting it for the first time my wife asked “What are you going to cut with that little saw?, as she took it from me. I haven’t gotten it back and she has cut all kinds os stuff up to 10 inches thick”. I guess its good because she hasn’t broke it yet.

Don't underestimate the echo saws. You can get a pretty good variety of saws for a reasonable price. I know most pros frown on them but mine have held up as well as my stihls and huskys.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back