What do you guys think of this bucket?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeman75

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Im looking at a bucket truck, I think I want a rear mount. I have a chipper and chip truck. What do you guys think of this one. I am looking for some advice. Thanks

Stock Number STE-1226
Year 2000
Manufacturer FORD
Model F750 XL
Price $25,900
Condition USED
Engine Specs Caterpillar
Engine Type 3126
Fuel Type Diesel
Horsepower 230
Mileage 40,138 mi
Transmission MT653
Engine Brake No
Tires 22.5LP
Wheels Budd
Wheelbase 182 in
Number of Rear Axles Single
Front Axle Weight 12,000 lb
Overdrive No

Detailed Description
Chassis: (one of 2)
2000 F-750XL, 40,000 Mile, 7200 Hour, One Owner Trade, Cat 3126 Diesel @230 horse, Allison Push Button 5 Speed Automatic Trans, Power Windows and Power Locks, Air conditioning, Super clean
Equipment:
HighRanger 5FC-52 MFG 10 of 00, SN# 200311905, 57' working Height, Single End Hung 24x30 Bucket, Rear Mounted on a 14' Flatbed, Strobe lights, Full Cab Guard, Loaded

Im looking at a bucket truck, I think I want a rear mount. I have a chipper and chip truck. What do you guys think of this one. I am looking for some advice. Thanks

Stock Number STE-1226
Year 2000
Manufacturer FORD
Model F750 XL
Price $25,900
Condition USED
Engine Specs Caterpillar
Engine Type 3126
Fuel Type Diesel
Horsepower 230
Mileage 40,138 mi
Transmission MT653
Engine Brake No
Tires 22.5LP
Wheels Budd
Wheelbase 182 in
Overdrive No

Detailed Description
2000 F-750XL, 40,000 Mile, 7200 Hour, One Owner Trade, Cat 3126 Diesel @230 horse, Allison Push Button 5 Speed Automatic Trans, Power Windows and Power Locks, Air conditioning, Super clean
Equipment:
HighRanger 5FC-52 MFG 10 of 00, SN# 200311905, 57' working Height, Single End Hung 24x30 Bucket, Rear Mounted on a 14' Flatbed, Strobe lights, Full Cab Guard, Loaded

It's a nice looking truck, is it from a dealer that white washes and polishes to make turds look like gems though? The two biggest drawbacks I see with it are the auto trans and the non over center boom. Potential deal breakers for me.

Stock Number STE-1226
Year 2000
Manufacturer FORD
Model F750 XL
Price $25,900
Condition USED
Engine Specs Caterpillar
Engine Type 3126
Fuel Type Diesel
Horsepower 230
Mileage 40,138 mi
Transmission MT653
Engine Brake No
Tires 22.5LP
Wheels Budd
Wheelbase 182 in
Overdrive No

Detailed Description
Equipment:

Very nice the only thing I don't like is push button automatic that trans is probably about 3000 to rebuild , you should consider stick ..

bucket

pto or pony?( I prefer pto) I have never used that type of boom but it looks like a nice truck for the money. who owned it last? maintenance records? current dialectic (sp) test? why is it being sold? check the replacement date for the cables, this can be expensive (3-4k) good luck, jim

It was a city truck they used it for tree work. Traded for a dumptruck. The boom inspect is good through this year. My uncle is the shop manager and said the tranny is in alot of trucks with no problems. I was concerned about the tranny and no overcenter too. The bucket I have now is not over center.

It was a city truck they used it for tree work. Traded for a dumptruck. The boom inspect is good through this year. My uncle is the shop manager and said the tranny is in alot of trucks with no problems. I was concerned about the tranny and no overcenter too. The bucket I have now is not over center.

I would suggest running the bucket you have now till you can afford to get into an over center unit then.

The bucket I have Is only like 40' WH. Its nice for small trims but I need a bigger boom.

The bucket I have Is only like 40' WH. Its nice for small trims but I need a bigger boom.

Understandable. Just saying $25K is some decent coin to drop for a truck that is ALMOST good enough, ya feel me? If you can wait and bump that figure up another 10 G's a lot more opportunity's are out there in the rear mount category. Or just buy a forestry unit, they're dirt cheap in comparison. 3126 is what I have in my forestry and it runs down the highway at 65 with a full load and chipper in tow. Seems to be a good engine thus far.

I have been going back and forth between a forestry and rear mount. I really dont want to buy a big orange unit.

I agree with them, over center is almost a must, I think you could do better for a little more money, very nice truck tho, just think you will still be wanting. That is one hellava headache rack!
Didnt realize it was you as the OP, over by me is 1-80 equipment in Colona ILL, they really do a nice job, they white wash them, only after they completely tear down and rebuild, have been behind the scene there and they know what they are doing. Check out their site. If interested in something, let me know, ill spin over and check it out.

Last edited:
Back