What do your perfer!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bandit works great and looks better than the "other". I agree, too boxy. Have had Vermeer demoed and just did not like the set up.

I think you wuld be bettere off with a Bandit, Havent run a vermeer in 3-4 years but if they still make the 12"disc I thought it sucked with coniufer limbs The Vermeer drum chippers are good, but crewmembers seem to find new ways to punch holes in the fibereglass cowling.

Rich

He wouldnt have that ???? he has if I didnt help him and get the job done. Do u always half to be a smart ass!:angry:

Rich

He wouldnt have that ???? he has if I didnt help him and get the job done. Do u always half to be a smart ass!:angry:

I own a 12" disk diesel bc 1250a. 85hp. I like it although more power is always better. I have been told the drums tend to get clogged w/palm fronds. I also like the way it rotates to the curb(keeps helpers out of the street.-)

the pretty fiberglass hood costs over 1000 each side on the vermeer bc1000. plus extra for the stickers. cant wait for the other side to crack,

I owned a Vermeer 1250. It was a PITA. It wouldn't feed limbs like mulberry and apple without difficulty. Also, the track system for the rollers is a bad design. I have a Morbark Model 13 now and it is trouble free and works great. Friends with Bandits say they are the best chippers they have ever used. Vermeer used to be predominant around here. Now it is Bandit that is mostly used.

Originally posted by trzz
I have been told the drums tend to get clogged w/palm fronds.

Depends on the drum. My Morbark M17 would clog the chute several times a day chipping palms. One of the happiest days of my life was when the biggest tree company in Hawaii bought that sucker from me. My Woodsman 18X has never clogged on palm fronds yet, and I have chipped hundreds of fronds through it. A disc will my much finer chips, especially if it has a 90* angle cut like my Gravely 935.

I don't care for Bandits much. They seem too complicated with all those hyd. hoses. Their feed tables is way too low. I find it hard on my back to feed Bandits and I am not a tall guy. Both the Morbark I had and the Bandit 200 and 250 that I have used had feed tables that sloped down. The one on the Woodsman is level, which I like a lot better. When you put stuff like coconuts on it, they don't roll off.

The Woodsman chips full size coconuts very well. No problems with all the water inside the nut, although the chipper does need to get washed down with fresh water afterwards. (So does the back of the truck) We put whole bunches of coconuts through it, never had them kick back out because the feedwheels just keep pushing them in. You do need to use the feedwheel lift to raise it up at least 6 inches to get it started. If we are trimming coconut palms loaded with mature nuts, we take the Woodsman, even though the Gravely is my palm chipper, it is hard trying to chip coconuts with it. The opening is too small and it doesn't have a feedwheel lift.

BTW I'll be trying out 2 new toys this week. A chainsaw capstan winch attached to a 034 Super and an Alpine Magnum stump grinder with a Stihl TS710 powerhead. The winch will be used today. The grinder on Friday. I'll post pictures and my opinion on these items later.

Back