What if ...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwoods

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
What if you were stranded in the forest with winter coming on fast, your chainsaw is busted and you have no firewood but you got shelter, a OWB and an old ditchwitch, could you survive? Couldn't be any worse than being stranded in a North African desert with a broke down Citroen.

[video]http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/23/man-stranded-in-desert-builds-motorcycle-out-of-his-broken-car/?ncid=txtlnkwbauto00000002[/video]

Let's hear/see your chainsaw solution.

Ron

What if you were stranded in the forest with winter coming on fast, your chainsaw is busted and you have no firewood but you got shelter, a OWB and an old ditchwitch, could you survive? Couldn't be any worse than being stranded in a North African desert with a broke down Citroen.

[video]http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/23/man-stranded-in-desert-builds-motorcycle-out-of-his-broken-car/?ncid=txtlnkwbauto00000002[/video]

Let's hear/see your chainsaw solution.

Ron

Empty the gas out of the saw onto the nearest tree, burn the whole effin forest down. You wont be stranded long when people notice heavy smoke in the distance. Just dont stay down wind of the smoke.

MacGyver the chainsaw back to life. Replacer rollertip on the bar with a wheel from the ditchwitch and ride it out like a unicycle.

or start walking...a ditch witch cant get you that far in the woods to begin with.

I wouldn't get stranded if i go that far into the forest i take Chuck Norris with me and Chuck never gets stranded.

When I was a kid, I always used to daydream up survival fantasy scenarios, but my dreams always included being stranded with some sort
of Hawaiian Tropic Bikini Team, I never really focused on the equipment..........

My thoughts drifted elsewhere............

I'd walk to the neighbor's house. We already live in the forest and sometimes are stranded. Maybe I'd bake some cookies in the OWB thingie. Then I'd have folks coming to visit because they smelled the cookies.

I thought surely someone would convert the ditchwitch into a giant chainsaw? I never figured so many would want to be rescued from the woods. SlowP has got it right in my book. Anyway maybe I should have asked this crowd a simpler question, do you think our creative Frenchman ported the motor while he was at it? Ron

I thought surely someone would convert the ditchwitch into a giant chainsaw? I never figured so many would want to be rescued from the woods. SlowP has got it right in my book. Anyway maybe I should have asked this crowd a simpler question, do you think our creative Frenchman ported the motor while he was at it? Ron

--any heavy remote woods I have been in had enough deadfall you could break and stomp apart that you would have plenty of firewood, without needing any saw or axe..

Id ask Big foot where the nearest road is. or if he had some beer #### the rescue id live with him

I would not drive out in the middle of nowhere with a Citroen.

Funny, thats exactlay what i do with mine :biggrin: i don't like German cars, you've got to know.
200 000 Miles on it, many little problems with things not working that you don't REALLY need, but it always came home. In so far, extremely reliable :msp_tongue:
Max

So you guys, never, ever daydreamed about being stranded with the bikini team???????

You guys just think saws and guys and cars?

Obviously I have stumbled onto the wrong, boys wrestling/chainsaw/French Car forum.........

My apologies.................

Let's explore this giant "Ditchwitch" entity in your dreams........

It may be replacing your high school gym teacher in your subconcience........

So you guys, never, ever daydreamed about being stranded with the bikini team???????

You guys just think saws and guys and cars?
Obviously I have stumbled onto the wrong, boys wrestling/chainsaw/French Car forum.........

My apologies.................

:msp_confused:

Back