What is the little door under the carb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is true for long term storage of two cycle mix for priming an engine, but for a short time use it will get you by. For pulling fuel out of a tank to check a filter it will work good or at least I think it will . Even though I have a M/V set-up to do just that I have to see if this will work also.

I would be neat to hook it up to a carb as a remote gas tank with a clear line to see how long and how much fuel moves through a line till it gets to the carb to fire the saw.

So, Driver what parts do you need to make one of those poor mans pressure/vacuum testers besides the ketchup dispenser?

Random size & length of tygon. Save a few of the short scraps.

One can pre fill the carb/metering chamber and save hand/arm stress pull starting.

A good running saw will suck the ketchup bottle flat.
fc049c6964ddc3c96448cddf7885d078.jpg

That is one wicked looking carb. I assume it is a Husky . Not too familiar with them . Is that a modified saw by chance with a different carb to feed the engine??

OK, I guess I was off base on that one. Still a clever idea with the bottle. My wife uses those types of bottles where she works ,gonna bring some home for me.

Ok well I took the reed valve off and cleaned it and yes it is closing and staying shut. I also put another spark plug in it and put it back together and nothing still, I took the on/off switch off to see if that was it and nope.

What is the conditon of the carb flange gasket? Also have you taken the carb apart at all? Does the screen have a bunch of crud, is the metering needle worn?

Back