What is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is it

"Do you have a screw that will fit through it?" Do you mean, did a bolt come with the gasket set? The other side is flat. What do you mean by "smaller photo is fine"?

Thanks,
Russell

No I wouldn't expect a bolt to come with the gasket set. From the side shown, it looks like the washer/bushing that goes with the bolt that holds the pivot side (flywheel) of the brake bar on my 024. But the bolt head fits down inside the larger part--and the whole thing is recessed into the bar.

Nobody else was guessing, thought I'd stab at it.

The other photo was huge. When I zoomed it up to full size I couldn't find the object. Takes longer for me to download it and reply. "Irfanview" is a great (free) image editor.

What is it

Yeah, you're the only response and I appreciate it. The photo thing is strange. I only posted one photo and when I open it from within my post it appears the proper size. This is my first attempt to post a photo on this site, so I probably didn't do it correctly.

Thanks,
Russell

I was going to try to reply earlier, but I am on dialup with poor phone lines, so
I went outside to work for a few hours while the pic downloaded.

Did this "gasket" set come with seals? How does this piece line up
"size wise" with the seals and crank diameter?

depending on what kind of gasket kit you purchased...(complete rebuilt kit)...sometime comes with some basic tools. This looks to me like a crankshaft seal driver tool???????????????????????COULD BE WRONG.....Can you find this piece on your saw somewhere?????

What is it

Yeah, it's a complete set including seals. No, there is nothing else on the engine that I can see that is like this piece. It's about the same dia. as the crankshaft. I kinda was leaning toward tool myself but it will fit through the seals.
It's 5/8" at it's largest dia. and 3/8" at it's smallest dia. It is 7/16" tall with a 1/4" hole through the center.

Russell

Latest posts

Back