what kind of acorns are these?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracyballard

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I would like to make sure what kind of acorns these huge monster ones are - the tree looked like a Bur oak, a small one maybe 5 inches in diameter 3 feet off the ground. I've never seen such huge acorns, or a Bur with acorns that are so "mossy". any experts around?

those would be "nappy headed" acorns from the nappy oak tree................

i am deeply offended and i need you to retract you statement and issue a public apology. along with that i think that you need to be suspended from the site for quite some time.............

i too jest and am not sure what kind of acorns they are. i dont think i have seen that kind of acorn. lol big though.

don imus got the boot for "nappy headed hoes" comment.

i was absolutely kidding rftree. first thing that popped into my head was don imus when i saw your post. lol

don imus got the boot for "nappy headed hoes" comment.

i was absolutely kidding rftree. first thing that popped into my head was don imus when i saw your post. lol
oh, I see, I didn't mean it to be like that, I was just thinking thoses things sure looked nappy.

Those sure are some different lookin acorns. Around these parts deer and bear eat the acorns from the white oaks, I can't see my bears eatin those though:dizzy:

Coug

Bur oak. Quercus macrocarpa. but sawtooth oaks acorns are similar (Quercus acutissima). If you said it looks like bur oak then nodought it is. Very distinct acorns.

Last edited:
Back