What kind of tree is it ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowtieman427

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Need help to id a tree. looking to cut down and use for firewood.
01010_6TQWD7L2gQK_600x450.jpg

00q0q_5E39cfPCjaj_600x450.jpg

that is a thornless honey locust, smells sweet when you cut it, split it, and burn it. also burns nice and hot. my personal favorite wood to burn.

Huge thank you!!!!!! I thought is was a locust tree. Hope I am able to get it currently second in line for it. The person offering it is waiting for a response form the first person that looked at it. Will know end of the day : (

I hear that locust are super nice to burn and to many the best. I have some that I purchase in May never burned t before. I got a mix of Black and Honey locust.

looked at the tree and let him know to get a pro to take it down top on down as there are building surrounding it. So hopefully once it is down we can cut it up for some excellent firewood for next year.

I found a small amount of honey locust back in September 2011....It was thornless also. Still stacked up, was gonna burn it this year but been finding a lot of softer silver maple over the last couple years and would rather use it up as the honey locust shows no sign of rotting.....will use it next winter.

Latest posts

Back