What Model Homelite is this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, hopefully this works. I had to save the item from word, then paste in paint and save from there to pictures. Still have no idea on the doc file method...

These are some pics of a C91 that sold on ebay a couple of times. Story was that it was hardly ever used, bought in 80's from auction, then put into storage since then. Paint and exterior appearance are all in fairly great shape, to see what the saw looked like originally. Even still has the chrome coating on the muffler :D

Oh, I almost forgot that these pictures are obscured a small amount "so I could get all of them to fit on a single document page", so size relations won't be exact ;)

It Lives!

Well, I primed it and it started up fairly easily compared to how long it appears to have set (the chain links are so stiff that the chain won't roll around the bar). Now it starts on the first pull.

Greg, it looks like you are right on the piston appearance. It seems to run pretty good from idle to full throttle. I guess it is hard to kill those old saws.

Thanks for everyone's input. It looks like I have another toy to play with.:D

Good to hear you got it going... Yes these old Homelite's are extremely hard to kill mechanically wise :laugh: BUT ignition wise on the other hand, I use to think was hard to kill, but here lately mine have been dropping like flys :cry: I'm going to have to put another one on my C9 it seems. All of my other saws are still in good shape though. This will be the second one I've put on it in the last month. The second one had high resistance on the coil, so I figured it wouldn't last that long, but a month, geezzzz :dizzy:

Well anyhow, good luck with your new addition ;)

Have fun,
Greg

Here are a few old Homelites. The pic is low quality but some models are easy to see.

Bill

Nice Picture Bill

Hey Bill. that's quite a pile of Homelites! Any chance you might have a full wrap handle and a reed set up that will fit my 1050 Super? I do have an extra, good, full wrap handle for your Jonsered 111S. Also I goofed on that bar. Mike never did get back to me and I have just now looked at PM's.
Sorry about that......Bob

Back