What model Jonsered is it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks to me, like a 70E. Some of the other E ending saws looked like that, and the 801.

retoocs555 said:
It looks to me, like a 70E. Some of the other E ending saws looked like that, and the 801.
Could be 75,601 or 751 I think most of the others built about that time had the coil in the starter cover. I think the 60 also was built like that.

sugarbush said:
Could be 75,601 or 751 I think most of the others built about that time had the coil in the starter cover. I think the 60 also was built like that.

Have a look at Mike acres site, and you'll see that the 60, 75, and 601 aren't like the one in the post here. I've had 601's and a 75 before and I can vouch for that for sure. Silver top covers are a dead giveaway.

Not just that the coil is in the starter cover that I'm goin' on, more the ummm... 'angular' quality of the starter and top covers.

retoocs555 said:
Have a look at Mike acres site, and you'll see that the 60, 75, and 601 aren't like the one in the post here. I've had 601's and a 75 before and I can vouch for that for sure. Silver top covers are a dead giveaway.

Not just that the coil is in the starter cover that I'm goin' on, more the ummm... 'angular' quality of the starter and top covers.
I think your right, the #'s I mentioned I think have a solid handle so that one must be a little newer because of the rubber handle. someone will know what it is.

Gypo Logger said:
It sorta looks like the saw I got off Bob Dylan.
"Sorta" - yes, but it is not a 621.

It also is not any of the other models mentioned so far, with one possible exception - it may be a 70E.

My best guess is that it is either a 66 or 70, E or not.

cliff-1972 said:
I got this saw off e-bay,but don't know what it is.Does anyone know what it is or how to ID it?
Take the starter off and see if it has points, wire running under the flywheel, that will narrow it down. I think!

Hey thats a nice lookin saw.. i personly have a 52e.. runs like a champ.. was bidding on a jonsered 80.. but some people told me i realy needed a smaller saw... so somehow i ended up with a stihl 011a

SawTroll said:
My best guess is that it is either a 66 or 70, E or not.
There are some info on those models, and other ones at CSCC.

If you are able to measure the cylinder diameter, you will be able to narrow the option down.

Latest posts

Back