What model saw is this ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross_scott

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I just spotted a homelite chainsaw on trademe and to me it looks like a homelite XL12 I have placed a bid on it as I have decided to start collecting chainsaws as a bit of a pastime also it has a 500mm bar on it (20"?). if it is an XL12 then it will accompany the pioneer 1130 i have very well. also with my 1130 pioneer i want to put a new bar and chain on it and what is the maximum size it will handle I have been told it is 18" max by a store but I am not quite sure as I want to go as big as it can go so it can be used for the bigger logs that the dolmar may be too small for(bar size). here is a pic of the homelite

Looks like a Homelite XL 12 to me. I'm merely guessing though cause I cant see more of the saw to get a positive ID on it.

The pic is small but it seems the oil fill is on the low right rear of the saw...
early XL-12 is my guess.

Isn't it nice adding a new toy to the collection?

yep and I am also looking at bidding on a p26 pioneer. there is a big mac(looks like 100cc+) aswell but my subscription to trademe hasn't come through yet so can't bid until my subscription is processed (curses member only auctions)

I took a look at the "trade me" site but it seems quite expensive and complicated

Bill

yep good old trademe is quite expensive sometimes but it is easier for me to trade on there instead of ebay (western union fees, transaction fees etc)

Latest posts

Back