New used saws!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan Bruce

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I posted so Ithought I should share my "finds". I got a stihl 009 with a 14" bar for 5 dollars. had to clean the points and air filter and I put new caps on oil and fuel. I got a early homelite XL12 with a fairly new 16" bar I paid 50$ for this saw and haven't done anything to it, it runs great. I was given a Remington PL5 by my aunt, it has a 18 or 19 inch bar and the saw is in great shape. i put gas in it and it started right up. I see this saw has a manual oiler and have heard PL5's have a auto oiler aswell can someone confirm that because I don't see a auto oiler and if there is one it doesn't work. also does anyone know where i can get a 24" or 26" bar and chain that will fit a PL5?

Attachments

• Stihl 009.jpg
    Stihl 009.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Remington PL5.jpg
    Remington PL5.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Homelite XL12.jpg
    Homelite XL12.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, the box says AdvanceCut D70, and dog eared raker is a great description. Funny how the box list what looks like all old saws. Maybe its geriatric chain?
It doesn't have the safety strap in between cutters which I normally grind off.
View attachment 970445View attachment 970446

@Nathan Bruce
Here's a link to a bar/chain combo I used on a Remington with a mount same as yours. You just need to look for different length.
Another useful link for your bar mount just in case you haven't been there
https://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/BMP/14?OpenDocument

Latest posts

Back