What mods do you recommend for a 58cc chinese saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseldod

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Good day to you fellas, was happily browsing your forums half an hour ago and then instantly decided to go rip my 62cc parker saw to bits, its just this minute broke in. As usual theres always something false about chinese gear,it is actually a 58cc saw with 45mm piston .. I was goin to run the dremel round the ports and do a gasket delete on it.I also will gut the muffler,it looks to have a cat lookin thing inside chokin it up, so lads im looking on advice from you regarding what needs done to it. The ports look well finished I was quite surprised I expected them to be rough cast. I,m lookin to improve torque if anything , barrel is black with the shallow fins on top,thanks in advance lads. I was just out and checked the squish its got more than enough clearance with the gasket in the bin, my carb has both l n h. I was thinking of making a manifold and fitting a husky carbIMG_20210204_1913127_rewind.jpgIMG_20210204_1912578_rewind.jpgIMG_20210204_1756504_rewind.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210204_1756093_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20210204_1756093_rewind.jpg
    575.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210204_1755002_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20210204_1755002_rewind.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210204_1754049_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20210204_1754049_rewind.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 22
Good day to you fellas, was happily browsing your forums half an hour ago and then instantly decided to go rip my 62cc parker saw to bits, its just this minute broke in. As usual theres always something false about chinese gear,it is actually a 58cc saw with 45mm piston .. I was goin to run the dremel round the ports and do a gasket delete on it.I also will gut the muffler,it looks to have a cat lookin thing inside chokin it up, so lads im looking on advice from you regarding what needs done to it. The ports look well finished I was quite surprised I expected them to be rough cast. I,m lookin to improve torque if anything , barrel is black with the shallow fins on top,thanks in advance lads. I was just out and checked the squish its got more than enough clearance with the gasket in the bin, my carb has both l n h. I was thinking of making a manifold and fitting a husky carbView attachment 887541View attachment 887542View attachment 887543
No cat in those mufflers, the best mod that will help give a little more power is add a carb for a 372, I bought an intake from @Leafy awhile back and installed a 372 carburetor on my 56cc surpass saw.

What saw is that a copy of? Curious what the whole saw looks like.
pcs-6200-main-4.jpg

Clone of zenoah g5000 & g5200 just different style plastics.
z110-0072.png

Thanks for that lads yes its identical to the top photo(orange),I have a 372 carb here I was converting a 61 to a 72. So you dont recommend doing any dremel work while I have the barrel off . Im out of dirko and motoseal if I put it back together today it will be with a lesser sealant

No cat in those mufflers, the best mod that will help give a little more power is add a carb for a 372, I bought an intake from @Leafy awhile back and installed a 372 carburetor on my 56cc surpass saw.
I took a photo of inside that muffler it just looked like a dense mass like a cat ,I will just cut that out and add an extra outlet hole at front?

A few items with my Zenoah, the nylon mesh filter was too coarse and would let fine dust into the carb so I added a oiled foam filter to the inside of it. The ground electrode weld on the spark plug was so crappy, I threw the plug away. Mine had one of those E-Z pull starters that I don't like, so disabled it. The chain that came with it was junk and the bar not much better but after 3 years of light use, I really like the saw and the only present fault is a leaky oil pump that drools oil all over, so I just drain the tank if it's not going to be used for a bit. The muffler mod is the important one to get a reasonable amount of power but the saw is still not going to be a high rpm screamer.

I have a friend who just tweaked a Joncutter version of that saw, CURIOUS on how it will run, he did send a bunch of pics and I was surprised at how good the internals looked. His approach was a no base gasket build, gutting the muffler, and minor tweaks to the exhaust and intake. I'll see if I can get him to post here. He's learning the hobby and does good stuff.

I took a photo of inside that muffler it just looked like a dense mass like a cat ,I will just cut that out and add an extra outlet hole at front?
The ones we get here don't have that, but it looks like you guy's get the ones with that block of wire looking material. The mufflers on mine are just a hollow can. Break it up into pieces and get it out of there.

I'm working on a Bluemax version of this saw. I'm curious to see what, if anything you guys do differently to modify it.

A few items with my Zenoah, the nylon mesh filter was too coarse and would let fine dust into the carb so I added a oiled foam filter to the inside of it. The ground electrode weld on the spark plug was so crappy, I threw the plug away. Mine had one of those E-Z pull starters that I don't like, so disabled it. The chain that came with it was junk and the bar not much better but after 3 years of light use, I really like the saw and the only present fault is a leaky oil pump that drools oil all over, so I just drain the tank if it's not going to be used for a bit. The muffler mod is the important one to get a reasonable amount of power but the saw is still not going to be a high rpm screamer.
Great stuff thanks I just put it back together after gasket delete . I notice fine dust in the intake today I thought it was the rubber gasket and stuck some sealer behind it,at least I wont lose the gasket now.you will be right, thats a good mod the oiled filter I will try that out with thin foam. Interesti ngly also I threw off that easystart puller as well and put on a new standard one I had layin here. I did muffler mod today also,I just gutted the inside and put an extra outlet hidden at the front. I started it for a few seconds but I was concerned as I ran out of birko and used wynns trade gasket maker stuff as a base gasket ,I,m crossing my fingers that it keeps the seal

I have a friend who just tweaked a Joncutter version of that saw, CURIOUS on how it will run, he did send a bunch of pics and I was surprised at how good the internals looked. His approach was a no base gasket build, gutting the muffler, and minor tweaks to the exhaust and intake. I'll see if I can get him to post here. He's learning the hobby and does good stuff.
Thats great thanks, I was surprised at the internal quality also I was expecting to dremel a few humps n bumps,I,ve just done today what your mate did

The ones we get here don't have that, but it looks like you guy's get the ones with that block of wire looking material. The mufflers on mine are just a hollow can. Break it up into pieces and get it out of there.
Hi, yes it was a square cage packed densely with thick wire ,its tore out now, I done that today,many thanks

They have chocolate cranks do they?

The cranks are fairly good on most of these saws even on the ebay 85 dollar specials. FYI if the gasket maker is black rtv or silicone it won't last long. Dirko is great for this and permatex ultra copper or something equivalent will work too. Most of my saws have the base gaskets removed and have been running ultra copper for a few years.

Rubber parts are dirt cheap if you can do it it doesn't take too long and if you can't, you can always learnThe whole saw is chocolate ;-) that's why the new one is cheap, some people prefer branded old chainsaws are also cheap but often require much more work and parts are not cheap. Of course, there are used chainsaws that require a little repair, but it is not known in advance which they are ;-)

Back