What mods do you recommend for a 58cc chinese saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cranks are fairly good on most of these saws even on the ebay 85 dollar specials. FYI if the gasket maker is black rtv or silicone it won't last long. Dirko is great for this and permatex ultra copper or something equivalent will work too. Most of my saws have the base gaskets removed and have been running ultra copper for a few years.
Ultra copper,never heard of that , its time for me go get a tube as Im out. Yes I put on wynns hightemp black rtv after degreasing

Permatex anaerobic gasket maker has been on my 372xpw for over twenty hours and it hasn't failed, I also used it on an 036 recently. It's like loc-tite it only cures in the absence of air, therefore whatever excess remains is dissolved into the air/fuel mixture.

I've used it to assemble more than one manual transmission and volvo specs anaerobic gasket maker for their oil pans which i've also used it on.

Got a chance to work this chinky saw yesterday, Since gutting the muffler and gasket delete. It made a good difference to it woke it up I would say well worth the minimum effort involved. Plenty torque with bar balls deep in tree. I have to use the primer bulb every start, I think a check valve in bulb could be dodgy I will change it today to see if it cures it

Latest posts

Back