What should the next Build Off Saw be???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So will it be a 4cube worksaw build? Same rules as the others? I could probably come up with a 365 piston and cylinder to run on my 372......

I have a nice 266xp that would fit right in the 4 cube class I think, I wouldn't compete though. I would love to see what it would be like with a little ground off here and there.

The 266 would be a great saw for sure! I like Terry's idea of a stock appearing build. Work saw builds are great, but its like being stuck on a round-a-bout at the moment....even a wrong turn is nice for the change.

Here is a little saw that almost meets Terry's rules (fuel)

Solo 651 656 methanol.AVI - YouTube

So will it be a 4cube worksaw build? Same rules as the others? I could probably come up with a 365 piston and cylinder to run on my 372......

more of a 4 cube gtg saw build. or a really hot firewood saw, more or less rules like this
saw can not have 2 piece head
use any piston as long as it fits in the under 4 cube cylinder (no over boring)
must have all covers intact (has to be stock appearing)
no welding of any kind on intake ,must use a factory type true to a chainsaw intake boot
muffler has to have spark screen
has to have a chainsaw carb.if it didnt come from the factory on a chainsaw its not legal
has to have a working choke
must have a filter
we will use hand filed round ground chain. so send your chain with it. no thinning or tunneling on the chain.just sharpen the cutter and set the rakers.basically send a chain to show what the saw can actually do
saws will have to run on pump gas 93 octane with 32 to 1 mix.
saws will be cutting 12x12
saws will be ran by one operator
saws will make 3 down cuts
best time of 3 cuts is officaial time
there will be 3 timers, slow time thrown out other times added and divided to get time
send as many saw as you want as long as there different flavors
entry fee will be based on number of entrents and fuel plus cant cost. probably 5 bucks each

i will change the rules or add to them as needed

Back