what to charge ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewoolsey

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i was just going to cut the limb's that hanged over the house and garage, they were going to take it from there, wasn't going to take about 4-5 hours, for $ 350-400, they changed there minds, had to take all 5 trees down ,3 were med-large soft maples , 14 hours of hard work later, done , did not have to haul off, but we helped them load a trailor , but i get the feeling that they will not like the bill when they get it, i have not worked for over a month because all the snow, so should i charge my lower rate or my normal rate , he is going to get me more work , any way just wanted some imput from bucket truck cutter's from the midwest, thank's for any info.

i was just going to cut the limb's that hanged over the house and garage, they were going to take it from there, wasn't going to take about 4-5 hours, for $ 350-400, they changed there minds, had to take all 5 trees down ,3 were med-large soft maples , 14 hours of hard work later, done , did not have to haul off, but we helped them load a trailor , but i get the feeling that they will not like the bill when they get it, i have not worked for over a month because all the snow, so should i charge my lower rate or my normal rate , he is going to get me more work , any way just wanted some imput from bucket truck cutter's from the midwest, thank's for any info.

I have had to adjust to the market so much it is hard to figure anymore 14 hours work in my bucket should gross at least 1400.00 but it is a down market lucky to get 1k. If he is a good customer with contacts a deal may be in your interest. In this economy do not be surprized when your deal seems high to them so let them know it is your deal price by showing full rate then discount for winter work senior discount or what applies.

I have had to adjust to the market so much it is hard to figure anymore 14 hours work in my bucket should gross at least 1400.00 but it is a down market lucky to get 1k. If he is a good customer with contacts a deal may be in your interest. In this economy do not be surprized when your deal seems high to them so let them know it is your deal price by showing full rate then discount for winter work senior discount or what applies.

Great post. Thanks ropensaddle. Awesome advice. Repped

God Bless
Jeff

Yep, work is going for cheaper, that's for sure. My rates are usually a little lower in the Wintertime as well. Just charge what you feel is a fair price.

I would start making sure that you have a renegotiated price agreed upon in the future though. It will save some hard feelings in the future. I always makes sure that we are in agreement and on the same page before I do any work. Even on the ad ons.

thanks guys , when i took over this business i was told to charge on a avg. out of my truck a est. rate of $100 an hour avg.. now its been more like $ 65 -75, thats seem to be what i am here on here also ?

its nice when you get the call ,just take out a tree ,with no est. needed, then it's easy to charge a more normal rates for these harder times, yes i have had a few of these lately .

its nice when you get the call ,just take out a tree ,with no est. needed, then it's easy to charge a more normal rates for these harder times, yes i have had a few of these lately .

I have a few customers that now say do it and bill me. They know I am going to do the job and be fair on my price. I need ten thousand like them:laugh: I will only charge those customer actual time worked don't want to jeopardize a good customer.

Latest posts

Back