What to do?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDAA

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a good line up of work in a town about twenty five miles down the road that just had a nasty Ice storm. I have this damn day job that I have to go to so I cant get on the road till about four and work until nine. Its going to take two evenings for sure. Do I charge him drive time just once or both times? Its not his fault that I cant hit this thing in one day and have to make two trips out of it. Or charge him drive time there and back once? and just figure on charging my cost on fuel and a little for my time on the road each time? Second We ended up actually using the bucket for an hour and the skid, dump trailer, and truck most of the time. We ended up spending an hour and a half humping part of a tree out of the backyard. What would should a person charge for that? Or Should I just charge him for all of the equipment on site the whole evening? I didn't Quote anything for this guy and just want to treat him fair and at the same time treat myself fair too. Thanks any input would be appreciated. PS I saw some meth-heads spike pruning trees with no PPE too Ha Ha!

Pictures of the meth heads, or your just making it up.

Where they smoking candy, or snorting crushed crystal, how do you know they were meth heads, they were cutting trees in the middle of the night?

I have a good line up of work in a town about twenty five miles down the road that just had a nasty Ice storm. I have this damn day job that I have to go to so I cant get on the road till about four and work until nine. Its going to take two evenings for sure. Do I charge him drive time just once or both times? Its not his fault that I cant hit this thing in one day and have to make two trips out of it. Or charge him drive time there and back once? and just figure on charging my cost on fuel and a little for my time on the road each time? Second We ended up actually using the bucket for an hour and the skid, dump trailer, and truck most of the time. We ended up spending an hour and a half humping part of a tree out of the backyard. What would should a person charge for that? Or Should I just charge him for all of the equipment on site the whole evening? I didn't Quote anything for this guy and just want to treat him fair and at the same time treat myself fair too. Thanks any input would be appreciated. PS I saw some meth-heads spike pruning trees with no PPE too Ha Ha!

Just figure the drive time into you're bill you give him I wouldn't charge drive time for 25 miles anyway

Back