What type of pine or fur grows fastest in northern climate?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sqdqo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What pine or fur would grow the fastest in the far northern Michigan climate?
I want to plant 2-3 rows of trees across a field opening next to a county highway to eventually block the view of the field from passing vehicles.
We have been having a lot of trouble with people poaching deer from the highway. I know its not a quick fix but I need to do something.
How far apart should rows be and how far apart should trees be. I thought I would alternate positions with each row to try and close openings as much as possible.
Any advice or opinion is appreciated.

What pine or fur would grow the fastest in the far northern Michigan climate?
I want to plant 2-3 rows of trees across a field opening next to a county highway to eventually block the view of the field from passing vehicles.
We have been having a lot of trouble with people poaching deer from the highway. I know its not a quick fix but I need to do something.
How far apart should rows be and how far apart should trees be. I thought I would alternate positions with each row to try and close openings as much as possible.
Any advice or opinion is appreciated.

White pine, Austrian pine, Norway spruce, black spruce or white spruce, balsam fir, hemlock and cedar would all work for you. If you want quick privacy I would probably go with a couple rows of spruce or stick in a row of cedars and a row of spruce behind it?! Many options. Electric fence might help with the deer poaching problem!

Latest posts

Back