what year stihl 026 pro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rutony12

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Can anyone look up this serial number and let me know what year this is.

Is this a good year. new air cleaner and fully adj carb?
Also what will I need to change to the newer filter set up.

purchased 7/4/2001.

yep.. a good one. You already have the correct airfilter..
What filter are you talking about?

I think he must have just ran across a recent 026 conversation on here where people were talking about upgrading from the small filter to the large. Like you say he already has the newer style large filter.

As far as carbs go do you know if you already have a fully adj carb?

Its newer than I thought.

As far as the air filer I have read that a lot of people are updating there 026 the the newer and larger 260 air filter. thanks for the info.. as far as the carb I will figure that out when I get into it tonight.

As far as the air filer I have read that a lot of people are updating there 026 the the newer and larger 260 air filter. thanks for the info.. as far as the carb I will figure that out when I get into it tonight.
Yeah you have the so called "larger 260 air filter". I don't think too many people are upgrading, but I could be wrong. Unless you can find a used 026 pro air filter cover cheap it will cost you around $60 to upgrade it and not worth it imo. If anyone is planning on doing it and wants an intellicarb top plate for their carb let me know. I'll send them one for free. An alternative to installing the correct plate is to plug the hole in the back of the air filter like Timberwolf aka Brian mentioned.

Last edited:
The "pro" already has it...
:monkey:

LOL yeah this thread is confusing. My last post was more for people that are contemplating doing the upgrade. The original poster doesn't have to since he already has the larger filter.

Latest posts

Back