What's on your bench this weekend?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like everbody had fun here.
I got to try out two of my winter projects.
One is a $80 Husky 288 parts saw that I decided to complete, it runs great but no oil and was at my cabin so no small allen wrench to take oiler apart,
and thanks to jockydeuce for some of the parts.:D
Also got to try out my new to me 18ft Searay 4.3 4bbl 205 hp, bought it last fall with a frozen block, it runs great no surprizes.:D

Looks like everbody had fun here.
I got to try out two of my winter projects.
One is a $80 Husky 288 parts saw that I decided to complete, it runs great but no oil and was at my cabin so no small allen wrench to take oiler apart,
and thanks to jockydeuce for some of the parts.:D
Also got to try out my new to me 18ft Searay 4.3 4bbl 205 hp, bought it last fall with a frozen block, it runs great no surprizes.:D

Good deal bob, boats are fun, when they don't give you issues! Did ya ever make any use of that muffler?

Yup, just switch it to video and press the button. Download to computer, then go to youtube and click upload, then select that file, its that easy.

What about audio...I've never even used that on my camera. Thanks, I've also never thought about it. Now you know I'm gonna have to try it.:clap:

Here's my next projects. I'm going to put a Meteor piston in my Dad's old 346XP before selling it. It has some other AM piston in it, and I don't trust it.
IMG_2392-L.jpg

This is my new (almost new) 372XP that I'll be building for myself. I'll start by installing a pair of ceramic bearings in it.
IMG_2390-L.jpg

Got a yard sale stihl 12mm 044, little beat up, guy says no compression, so I figure a $60 parts saw.
Get it home start the investigation, pull the muffler,,, all is well,,, Jeepers,, so pull top cover and find the spark plug laying there out of its hole!!!
She needs a good bath and scrub. bar was about toast but have a new bar for it, (been on my shelf for 5 years,,,)
She blows 155 so cant complain,,,needs a start handle and rope, did I say its not pretty,,she runs great.
Now back to cleaning,,,
Am also waiting for a fuel line for a husky 136 seems they are odd,,
BBB

Got a yard sale stihl 12mm 044, little beat up, guy says no compression, so I figure a $60 parts saw.
Get it home start the investigation, pull the muffler,,, all is well,,, Jeepers,, so pull top cover and find the spark plug laying there out of its hole!!!
She needs a good bath and scrub. bar was about toast but have a new bar for it, (been on my shelf for 5 years,,,)
She blows 155 so cant complain,,,needs a start handle and rope, did I say its not pretty,,she runs great.
Now back to cleaning,,,
Am also waiting for a fuel line for a husky 136 seems they are odd,,
BBB
Can't beat a deal like that! Are the plug hole threads OK?

I've got some 026 carnage to contend with.

Then I'm going to continue messing with this little guy. It will be a PITA as all the fuel and oil lines are rotted out. Other than that, it seems to be in excellent shape cosmetically.

These have to wait until I get the sending unit replaced in the truck of course.

Can't beat a deal like that! Are the plug hole threads OK?
Yes threads are great, looks like it just worked its way out.
The best part is the guy is a mechanic,,,,
I have to add, yards sailing here has been quite good, but I have had to ask for the last three saws as they weren't out for sale, 181, 2165 and the 044.

BBB

Back