What's on you're bench? 06/14/2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last night:
I finally unloaded the truck from last weekend's GTG and blew them all off.
Modded a MS440 muffler
Modded a MS660 muffler
Modded a MS441 muffler
Modded a 545 muffler
Modded the muffler, advanced the ignition, and tuned a MS261
Put a 75cc topend on my 2171
Replaced the fuel pump on my mower
Boxed up and labeled 4 packages to ship
Cleaned Anna's aquarium and changed the water

Next in the list:
Port a MS261
Port another MS261
Port a 390XP

Last edited:
Well I think this is going to get torn down, port mapping done, parts ordered, and then start the assembly process. If I don't get started now I WILL NOT be finished by late September...

299756d1370986462-2095-jpg

LAST NIGHT:
- 'played' with a MS261 that Brad modded
- completed assembly, tuned, tested, cleaned & photographed MS660 to go on ebay
- Cleaned carb on a POS Poulan handheld blower a friend asked to me to 'look at'

NEXT ON THE LIST:
- start evaluating & working on FS90R & FS110X trimmers I acquired (don't like working on trimmers!)
- press/vac test early version 041AV that cuts out when inverted
- change brake fluid in truck
- change ATF fluid & filter in truck

LAST NIGHT:
- 'played' with a MS261 that Brad modded
- completed assembly, tuned, tested, cleaned & photographed MS660 to go on ebay
- Cleaned carb on a POS Poulan handheld blower a friend asked to me to 'look at'

NEXT ON THE LIST:
- start evaluating & working on FS90R & FS110X trimmers I acquired (don't like working on trimmers!)
- press/vac test early version 041AV that cuts out when inverted
- change brake fluid in truck
- change ATF fluid & filter in truck

I want pictures of your bench if it will hold a truck......

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Took a completely assembled saw and turned it into a box of parts. Then probably 6 months from now after cleaning all the parts, I'm going to see if I can reassemble it as fast as it came apart :msp_w00t:

Just took my Husqvarna 2100 off the bench last night. It was smoking like a freight train last weekend for the GTG burning bar oil. I replaced both crank seals and it seems better, still smoking some even after running it a bit, but not like it was.

Got a Poulan 3700 up next and I'm still looking for presets for the 1/2" Mac chain so I can try the Long straight bar on the Poulan S72.

Trying to get everything buttoned up and finished on this 090. I must have lost the large clutch washer somewhere... I don't know where, but that is what I am waiting for. I've got an 066 that will be on deck, then a Roper D44, and finally a McCulloch 2-10PS.
Need to find some decals for the 090, but the paint turned out much better than I expected.
View attachment 300070
There is a picture with everything just sitting on it... Not done.
And a video of the first time I got it running.
[video=youtube_share;CsWNo0vGfEs]http://youtu.be/CsWNo0vGfEs[/video]

I have my dads old l77 husky apart to replace crank seals. Then I have a husky 36 that my brother bought at a garage sale for $7 that I am going to tear apart and try a little grinding inside of. Along with all sorts of bigger projects like replace deck on Skidsteer trailer, r&r transmission in my motorhome, cut/split/fill woodshed, fish, and I would like to build another tuned pipe for one of my saws.

Two more of my buddies 338xpt's, of course. Fuel lines and crab kits, and 1 oiler. Still can't believe ya have to tear it down to the crank just to replace the oiler.

I have a 335 top handle, the case has a hairline crack @ the front near the trigger and is it normal for these to go to the off position on the master control when the throttle trigger is squeezed past WOT??

lots of junk at the moment. Several project saws around. Tried to do a bit on it yesterday - no workee.

I banged muh toe last week and have been hobbling around like Festus...don't laff it may happen to you soon. I forgot how bad this little toe can hurt! :bang:

Trying to get everything buttoned up and finished on this 090. I must have lost the large clutch washer somewhere... I don't know where, but that is what I am waiting for. I've got an 066 that will be on deck, then a Roper D44, and finally a McCulloch 2-10PS.
Need to find some decals for the 090, but the paint turned out much better than I expected.
View attachment 300070
There is a picture with everything just sitting on it... Not done.
And a video of the first time I got it running.
[video=youtube_share;CsWNo0vGfEs]http://youtu.be/CsWNo0vGfEs[/video]

WOW - looking sharp and sounds good.

5 chains that need re-sharping :laugh:

But it's race day so getting my camera gear ready - just waiting for the batteries to recharge

nothing on the bench except a big box of parts where i parted out about 20 weedeaters,,, have to service the mower

just got done mounting up a new high top filter kit on my newly acquired 288xp, did an 272xp top end swap on my early 61 a couple days ago, and i threw in a pic of my vintage suzuki tm 125 that i restored a few years back, i need to replace a kick stater gear set in it, so it will be on the bench soon..................View attachment 300103View attachment 300104......................:D

395 waiting to be ported and a few chains to sharpen. With working 6 days a week and not much time in the evening I'm going very slow on it. :msp_mellow: I usually want to get it done as quick as possible but it's been on the bench since saturday and not been touched.

Latest posts

Back