What's on you're bench? 06/14/2013

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NIB 038 Mag II :msp_wub: within a couple days.
Jonsered 630.
Picking up a lathe tomorrow.

Anyone need a 2 piece head for their MS290? :msp_w00t:

Craftsman 3.4/Poulan 3400. I found 2 of the three clutch shoes. The third one should make reentry from orbit sometime in the next couple days. (when I clean the shop)

I had a Stihl 028S, MS660, and Husky 55 pass through briefly this evening for sharpening and prepping for a tree takedown job.

Yippee! I located the missing clutch shoe. (about 30' from where I thought it would be)

Last edited:
NIB??????

There better be a sh*t load of pictures with a new thread when you get it!!!

:rock:

I will send some saw pron your way brother, will probably post a couple in the NOS thread I started a while back.. I am going to spending some time getting this lathe setup in the shop where I want it tomorrow, hopefully turning some jugs within the week. Been a long time coming, this is quite a bit more machine than my Atlas.

Are none of my pics showing? They were having trouble in another thread. AFAIK, nothing's changed on my end.

I found a pic on your photo site, but the gentleman whom you ported the saw for had a pic that showed the louvers real good.

Not sure about this thread, but your Alpina pics were missing in the other thread.

I can take a photo of my 261 Brad did for me when I get home. 6:00. It has the same louvers.

I decided to take the free craftsman saw and give it a port and polish. The farthest I've taken a saw apart before is rebuilding a carb but at least if I mess something up on this Craftsman saw I won't be out anything.

View attachment 303139

S25da

This will be a fun one. Its not an early model, not a late model either. Has the bigger 2.3CI engine, darker paint, BUT has the round rear handle and points ign. Also had great compression and spark.

Stihl 026, a 019 and a homelite textron I think it is a XL... 026 will need fuel lines carb kit and some av mounts ( so far ) the 019 a hell of alot of TLC fuel line carb kit ( so far ) Now the little homie is missing the recoil assy so I have no idea what it will need.. has spark, but no way to test it.. also got a cheap grinder thrown in as well as my Stihl Swag arrived. Gas can with auto fill nozzles and a set of 2 in 1 files.. all the saws were in a horrid state. missing screws and filthy. fingers crossed!

View attachment 306588

Various stuff

I have two "things" on the bench this week. Both of them are from my fire department. I try to reduce the operating cost as much as possible and throw in help when I can on saws and such.

First is a nice XL-98 cut off saw. Doing a carb rebuild and whatever else it needs to run right.

Next is our PPV fan. Cleaned it up and put a new carb on it. Ready to go!!!

usu9ahu8.jpg

zerusute.jpg

yhenahed.jpg

Technically not on the bench but this project has been gobbling up all my time. Trying to get all the fab work done before my first born decides to make an appearance.. Note: she was due July 24th..

got myself a new project nice 039 few hours on it bearings are shot winch caused the seals to leak caught it just in time the cylinder is still great so new bearings seals and a piston it should be off the chain is still sharp to only made 2 cuts :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back