Whats with the LINKBUCKS crap!!!! rediculous, great way to end the site!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NotScripts solved my Chrome problem as well.
It's a little difficult to configure the password. I'm on an XP, I copied the "%userprofile%~more~" for XP, clicked "Start", "Run" and pasted what I'd copied into "Run". Once that's done the edit part is pretty easy to follow.
HTH
Lou
I haven't seen any of the problem items for a couple of days. Odds are good they will be back.

Just a FYI..windows XP is long ago deprecated and no longer gets general updates or code support..you are gonna get pwned hard eventually if you use it on the net. Unless you paid for service pack 3 longer term extended service support, and that will end as well sometime soon, this year or next year.

Yes, had to disable Javascript again....

When I disable the JavaScript- I can log on without the re-direct & generally navigate around ok, but any attachments/photos that are in auction/classified listings for example are not shown as mini-icon images- I have to go into the actual ad/post & open them that way to see them- is this a result of the JS being turned off or a setting being turned off temp (or is it just me/my settings issue)? Thanks, Scott

Just a FYI..windows XP is long ago deprecated and no longer gets general updates or code support..you are gonna get pwned hard eventually if you use it on the net. Unless you paid for service pack 3 longer term extended service support, and that will end as well sometime soon, this year or next year.

I'm still getting MS updates (20 just a couple of days ago, 10 of them Word 2003, 2007, 2010). AVG Free is my anti-virus and it too works well. Worth every penny I paid for it. The only thing that sneaks through is an occasional cookie. The only way to stop them is to not log onto the site that gives them to you. I do not accept 3rd party cookies. And NotScript gave me a way to finally cut facebook out of my life!
While not happy AS was hacked, there is up side, at least for me.

I'll probably replace the XP when Microsoft really does stop supporting it and comes out with something NOT designed for a tablet!
Lou

Thanks

I really missed this site. Didn't realize how much I liked the "drama". Went to another forum and its informative, but it's really not the same once you meet some of the people on here.

People calling me on my BS has helped me to be safer and to pay more attention to the little things. Of course I got my feelings hurt, but thank God the old timers on here didn't just go on with some blah blah blah......

I am grateful some folks on here are working to get this straightened out. Whomever you are THANK YOU !

I'm hoping this VB update will solve the problems. Good people and loads of info here.

I'm hoping this VB update will solve the problems. Good people and loads of info here.

I'm here for the long haul too, and I hope the VB update will help... but I very much doubt it. :frown:

A simple port scan shows that every imaginable service port is wide open on the server. It is highly doubtful that the server will stay unhacked until someone who knows what they are doing starts locking things down. :msp_ohmy:

HF

Blocking Linkbucks

pdqdl posted on page 1499 of the Oklahoma,AR,MO,... thread a what I feel is a better solution than disabling scripts. :rock:

*** NOTE *** If you are denied permission to save the "host" file, reboot your computer & start up in "Safe Mode" by pressing <F8> while booting up. Make your changes to the "host" file then reboot.

pdqdl posted on page 1499 of the Oklahoma,AR,MO,... thread a what I feel is a better solution than disabling scripts. :rock:

*** NOTE *** If you are denied permission to save the "host" file, reboot your computer & start up in "Safe Mode" by pressing <F8> while booting up. Make your changes to the "host" file then reboot.

AS has been working okay on this computer all day and I haven't had to make any adjustments...

Search Problems Anyone????

Whenever I do a forum search I get: "connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)". Otherwise the site seems ok. BTW, I use Chrome if that makes a difference.

Whenever I do a forum search I get: "connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)". Otherwise the site seems ok. BTW, I use Chrome if that makes a difference.

I did do a Firefox refresh yesterday, got a notice that my computer was too slow and that was their solution. It seemed to work pretty well. Seems I downloaded a lot of stuff I didn't need..

For some reason I'm having to log on to AS every time I use the site, even if I use it a lot. Don't know what that's about..

Next time you come here, instead of logging in, goto "Search" and it will ask you to log in there. But also notice that there is a "Remember Me" check box there. Click on it first then log in. You will stay logged in.

Latest posts

Back