Where and How do you advertise?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenderfoot

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I am just getting started in the firewood business. This is my second year and second business venture on my own. Last year I used word of mouth and sold about 8 cords. My goal this year is to sell about 25 cords. So far I am at 4 cords and set a reach goal of 35 cords.

I have been advertising by leaving a sign on my truck at all times and parking in places where it is highly visible when I run my errands and other business. I am planning on printing out some tear off flyers and putting them up in a few places, but I am really unsure of where I will be successful in placing them.

I really appreciate any help y'all can give me and any advice on maximizing productivity as well. I plan to get a better splitter if this is successful and if it proves worth the investment.

EDIT: For some reason I am having trouble replying. I do appreciate the advice, just trying to trouble shoot the tech issues.

The local Facebook pages are gold if you sell a quality product and show up when you promise.

Also my website advertises a bunch for me and being listed on Google. Type in firewood for my area and I'm the first or second result.

I'd caution to not get too carried away though if you have a very limited supply. 25 cords is what I sell in a good week.

Back