Where Do I Find Good Quality Stihl Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl is a good source

I suppose I deserved that. Let me re-define my question a little better.

I know Stihl doesn't sell directly online, as they use the dealer network concept. What surprises me, is that none of the dealers sell the OEM stuff (besides chains), on Amazon, or their own company websites. I have searched Big R, Murdochs, and anyone else I can think of locally and I can't find maintenance parts.

So, can you point me to a dealer that has a website set up to search/order Stihl OEM parts?

I suppose I deserved that. Let me re-define my question a little better.

I know Stihl doesn't sell directly online, as they use the dealer network concept. What surprises me, is that none of the dealers sell the OEM stuff (besides chains), on Amazon, or their own company websites. I have searched Big R, Murdochs, and anyone else I can think of locally and I can't find maintenance parts.

So, can you point me to a dealer that has a website set up to search/order Stihl OEM parts?
I will ship to you, pm me what you need
David

It does suck that unlike, virtually every other major brand, you can't just go online and buy parts for Stihl. Local dealers stock very little in the order of lines, clutches, oilers, caps, filters, clips and hardware...no decals or anything. I have to drive there, try and explain what i need, wait a week, drive back and hope its right..and pay a severe shipping charge.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

They look way high on their oem stihl pricest to me.

That’s because they are not a dealer. They go next door to the dealership, but the part, then sell it to you with their cut. But at least you can order oem online.

And with the dealership not having parts, that is the story by me. I’ve said it before 5 dealerships within a 30 min drive and they a suck for the same reason. No parts in stock and sometimes I end up with the wrong ones. It’s best to find the IPL and request the specific part number for what your looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does suck that unlike, virtually every other major brand, you can't just go online and buy parts for Stihl. Local dealers stock very little in the order of lines, clutches, oilers, caps, filters, clips and hardware...no decals or anything. I have to drive there, try and explain what i need, wait a week, drive back and hope its right..and pay a severe shipping charge.

I've not been charged shipping. My dealer just adds my parts to his order and calls when my stuff comes in. If I get my order to him by Friday, I usually have my parts by the following Tuesday.

I've not been charged shipping. My dealer just adds my parts to his order and calls when my stuff comes in. If I get my order to him by Friday, I usually have my parts by the following Tuesday.
My local dealer ships 1 of 2 ways...next day express air or...wait a week.

They hit me for 46 dollars shipping for a 38 dollar trimmer tube...

My local dealer ships 1 of 2 ways...next day express air or...wait a week.

They hit me for 46 dollars shipping for a 38 dollar trimmer tube...

Ouch!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's unusual for a company to be loyal to its small dealers like this. The downside being, the small dealer cannot afford to keep a large inventory of thousands of parts for hundreds of models, when they have no idea what the next guy will come in looking for, and most of it will still be hanging from hooks in the stockroom 20 years from now.

Undercutting them online would mean the death nell for a majority of these small dealers. Not that some of them don't deserve it, but there are a lot out there that are doing the best they can with what they have.

It's unusual for a company to be loyal to its small dealers like this. The downside being, the small dealer cannot afford to keep a large inventory of thousands of parts for hundreds of models, when they have no idea what the next guy will come in looking for, and most of it will still be hanging from hooks in the stockroom 20 years from now.

Undercutting them online would mean the death nell for a majority of these small dealers. Not that some of them don't deserve it, but there are a lot out there that are doing the best they can with what they have.
Mine is a multi-million dollar Deere dealer who took on the line and put smaller dealers out of business and now stocks virtually nothing

Mine is a multi-million dollar Deere dealer who took on the line and put smaller dealers out of business and now stocks virtually nothing

The trend with Deere dealerships (the green ones not sure about the yellow bigger ones) consolidation and having multiple store fronts with one name. It may have to do with the amount of $ you spend at the parts counter and how well they know you. I ordered a driveshaft (pto) part, an 5 foot section of inner tube, an Italian part not a Deere one and noticed it was shipped a real expensive fast way but they did not charge me anything for shipping. I order the pro trimmer line in 0.130 3 pound spools and they do not charge me shipping. Kind of strange order it at the Stihl desk and pick up at the parts counter. What is wrong with waiting a week? I suppose getting a shipping bill one does not know about ahead of time is a problem.

Latest posts

Back