where do old stump grinders go

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intheelements

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any information where I can find used stump grinder parts. I have been looking for a Rayco RG20 HD that may need an engine and or cutting wheel. I also have tried to find a hydraulic dive setup. Hard as I have tried I can not find any used grinder parts etc anywhere.

Rainedupon, Rayco can supply a new wheel-or any competent machine shop could turn one out. Other than the wheel and shaft, the frame, the handelbar and the beltguards everything on that machine is a standard industrial part. Buy bearings and belts from a bearing supply house. The Kohler engine can be replaced with another Kohler -or any other small engine you wish (but if you change output shaft sizes and hole pattern on the block you will have to modify guards and obtain a new pulley to fit the different shaft.) To maintain or refurbish old stump grinders and chippers you need a set of wrenches, a welder, an industrial supply source and, (rarely) a local machine shop.

Look in the WANT AD published in Sudbury,MA or Uncle Henry's from Maine. I just picked up a Vermeer 630 for $500. Runs super many extra new teeth. Had to clean gas tank and put on new aprons. Good Luck

Thanks Stumper and Stump Man, I do look in the wantad and unclehenrys, but I was kind of interested in knowing if there was a "junk Yard" someplace that had equipment of this type, not only for what I am looking for now, but later if I should need a used hydraulic drive, or controls etc for my vermeer or my Rayco. I thought that if someone knew of a "junk Yard" of this type, it would help all of us save a few dollars maybe

Latest posts

Back