Where on earth can I find a husky 285CD piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything is the same EXCEPT for the 285 does not have a manual oiler.

AND, the starter (2 pawl instead of 3 with a plastic spacer), flywheel (2 piece aluminum and steel), ignition (sem on the 2100).:laugh: but those are just minor details.

Thanks guys just ordered the piston. It,s a golf, should i used the wrist pin keepers?
Well if you don't your pin will probably come out:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: sorry I couldn't resist that smart azz remark, but I know why your asking this. I have used several Golf pistons and have never had a problem with their clips, but I have heard of it happening. I would try both Husky and the Golf and use the ones that look the safest.

Last edited:
Would anyone know where a 2100 cyl and piston could be found? Working on my 285 today and see where the piston is starting to get a hole. Not bad after almost 30 years. Still running good though. Any serious chainsaw user should belong to this forum. Glad I found it.
Received my ported muffler today from Scott Wojo for my ms 650, can't wait to try that out. He does quality work and is fast.
Jim
Cadenhill Morgan Farm

2100 cyl kits are still available from the dealer. They are pricey though, around three bills last time I checked.

2100CD kit #501678501
2101XP kit #503488671

Would anyone know where a 2100 cyl and piston could be found? Working on my 285 today and see where the piston is starting to get a hole. Not bad after almost 30 years. Still running good though. Any serious chainsaw user should belong to this forum. Glad I found it.
Received my ported muffler today from Scott Wojo for my ms 650, can't wait to try that out. He does quality work and is fast.
Jim
Cadenhill Morgan Farm

If you go the 2100 route i will try to trade you out of your old jug and piston.

If there is not a lot of serious moding and I can find a jug and piston for a 2100 I might do it. My 285 jug is fine and I know where there is a 285 piston. I just thought I'd make a little hotter saw if I can just bolt it together.

Back