Where to get wood burner glass?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ancy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Changing the door gasket and crack:angry:! Where is a good place to get new glass for these EPA stoves? Looked at OEM parts and $170 for it, it will get a sheet of metal before that. Have two glass companys in town do they usauly carry this? Thanks

check your local glass companies. if they dont stock it they could get it.. its nothing that special as far as formulation goes....$170.00 seems high, that or the salesman is...:yoyo:

I think the glass has to be{should be} ceramic. $170.00 does seem high, around $100.00 is more like it.

Your just looking for ceramic glass, most glass shops have a piece to cut for you. Try to keep your original intact as possible, for a template!

Your just looking for ceramic glass, most glass shops have a piece to cut for you. Try to keep your original intact as possible, for a template!

woodmans parts plus. com. They also carry mica if you have an old stove.

My suggestion web search for either pyroceram neoceram or robex glass.

Those are brand names (its Robax). You definitely want ceramic glass. Tempered glass cannot handle the heat and will explode on you.

What is the brand and model of your stove? We'll help you locate the least expensive.

Had the same prob last year. Got a piece cut at a local glass co. Was spendy (I even called around to several local places), but I had also contacted the stove manufacturer (Lopi). Took them ages to get back to me, but the price was MUCH cheaper. Gave them a tongue lashing for being so darn slow about getting back to me over such a simple thing. Could have saved me about $50.

Back