Where's the leak from? (Hydraulic Pump)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cambium

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey everyone.. Any idea why hydraulic fluid would leak from there? I had that U bracket tight. Hoses and clamps are good and tight.

It would leak from under the coupler which was just replaced. I had to use some force and banging when removing the old rusted coupler in case that info helps

Thanks!
4V3hNvXh.jpg

wbnmO2yh.jpg

Well save that one and get a new seal from a bearing supply place. I have eastern automation near me which used to be eastern bearing. They're great can get anything you need based on measurements or part numbers

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Well save that one and get a new seal from a bearing supply place. I have eastern automation near me which used to be eastern bearing. They're great can get anything you need based on measurements or part numbers

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Seals usually don‘t leak unless the shaft can move around. It’s likely the bearing behind the seal is also worn.

Seals usually don‘t leak unless the shaft can move around. It’s likely the bearing behind the seal is also worn.

That seal could be better oriented though. Facing up like it does it's sure to collect dirt and debris over time. I'd much rather see the shaft and seal vertical. The seal on my 28gpm two speed hyd pump is 32 years old and doesn't leak a drop. Famous last words, I know.

Latest posts

Back