Which Dolmar would you buy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevSauce

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
If you had to choose between a 6400 with the 85cc mod kit, or a 7900 (keeping in mind the 6400 with mod is $200 less and both are brand new) which one would you choose?

I'm just a OEM type person and only use aftermarket stuff in a have to cases. If OEM is to be had it goes into the saws I fix for others JMO.

The 7900, you will get a Mahle cylinder and a saw that will out cut and outlast the Chinese BB kit.

I have owned both, and I was more impressed with the 7900.

The 7900 will come with a warranty. If you put the BB kit on a new saw, then there is no warranty.

7900 definately I own a 7900 and a 6401 with bb kit and the 7900 is the one I take with me the most

I looked at buying a 6400 or 6401 and adding a BB or OEM 7900 top end to it, but ended up choosing a 7900. Actually ordered it a few minutes ago. I just like the OEM parts better and wanted one ready to go.

get the 7900/. it has a warrenty and when that runs out then you can start your upgrades on a better platform.

Back