Which fittings for my splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cstamm81

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I am getting close to completing my redesigned splitter. I am going with all 3/4" lines and fittings. I think I am going to be measuring and ordering all of my lines from discounthydraulichose.com, their prices seem unbeatable compared to local places. I am pretty set on using KT tough cover hose, as it has a nice bend radius and is truly a premium hose. With that said, which crimp fittings should I have them put on the hoses? I have all NPT fittings, and the two that are recommended for this hose are braided hose standard crimp fittings and W series bite to the wire crimp fittings. Check them out here: http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/Tough_Cover_Hydraulic_Hose_p/kt-hose.htm

Besides the length in the pics shown, I am not sure of the difference.

i have only ever used parker, eaton, weatherhead fittings...not saying there arent other brands out there that will work but when building a splitter, i would just as soon spend a few more $ and have the quality and brand behind the fittings so that you will wear out your engine and pump before worrying about fittings. youre talking about a 20 year investment in building a splitter and no sense (to me) saving a few bucks on fittings that are potentially questionable. Now, if you store your splitter outside, in the sun, then by all means by the cheapest hose and fittings you can then for sure buy the cheapest you can, as you will be replacing hydro lines every few years anyway....

I was told it is best to adapt all the fittings to use JIC as you'll have more readily available options. If you're running 3/4 hose you must have a good bit of flow so use long sweeps on any manditory turns. Keep them at a minimum to help with cool fluid flow. May not look as neat but it'll save you heat in the long run.

MVC-029S_3.JPG

MVC-020S_11.JPG

Kevin thanks for the picture of how you plumbed your bypass and valves Ive have looking at your splitter for a long time trying to figure out how you did it There was nev4er a good photograph of it like the one above, Thanks

I can probly help with your hyd hose/fitting issues if you can give me lengths of what you want I can beat most anyones pricing, I throw out pieces of hose under 4ft long most days too short I have 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4 Parker hose rated around 3000PSi or better my large hose is the 5/8,3/4 is there version of the tough cover and I also cover my hoses with a nylon sock material to help with rubbing, UV rot etc. let me know if I can help along with anyone else.

Back