Which rope winch line do you use

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtrees

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've been using amsteel 5/16 for some time. Bought a new chipper and this is what they have for me. Dyneema winch line w hook. H080316-50. It costs almost $100 more than amsteel. I wouldn't want to hang clothes from it.

I have an 8000 lb Warn winch on a custom front bumper on my Dakota. Could be 3/8 braided steel, not sure. has a few kinks (some bastards have no idea about the benefit of level winding the cable before loading it. Porobly should replace the cable.

I have an 8000 lb Warn winch on a custom front bumper on my Dakota. Could be 3/8 braided steel, not sure. has a few kinks (some bastards have no idea about the benefit of level winding the cable before loading it. Porobly should replace the cable.

reduce your nose weight by 50#...swap out that cable with Amsteel...and gain more strength than the winch is rated for. or...go with 125' of 5/16" line that will still have a higher break strength than the old 3/8" cable.

Latest posts

Back