white birch value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaacvent

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I never thought I would be asking this question, but is there any value in white birch? The reason I am asking is because I am removing one for a lady this week and it is about 24 inches in diameter. I have never seen one that big before. Any info is appreciated. Thank you

Not sure where you are located exactly? are you near any reservations? I know a couple of Indians down my way that do some wonderful carvings outta wood! they like osage orange, birch & beech,

LXT................

Not sure where you are located exactly? are you near any reservations? I know a couple of Indians down my way that do some wonderful carvings outta wood! they like osage orange, birch & beech,

LXT................
I'm up in the Wilkes-barre area

ahh....Know that area!! you familiar with Quakertown, theres some ole country shops round there amish/dutch....or whatever, they do alot with different wood products too!

Good Luck!

LXT.............

I've seen it advertized on Craigslist. People put it in their fireplace for decoration I guess. I don't know if actually sells but they were asking quite a bit. We did one in the city and the HO insisted that it be cut to exact lengths with square ends and he was also using it for that purpose.
Phil

Latest posts

Back