white oak question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I do not file it differently. I use my regular RSC33 chain. Works fine for me. BTW, I do not do this often, only on the really stubborn stumps that will not split.

C

No, I do not file it differently. I use my regular RSC33 chain. Works fine for me. BTW, I do not do this often, only on the really stubborn stumps that will not split.C

Right. Quarter the beast butts--it makes some lovely curly fries for fire starting, packing up the old crockery, having the kids fight with it, mulching plantings, or just leaving it to decompose. Be careful that those "fries" don't clog the saw.:chainsaw:

Hooray

Well, I must say first of all that 5100 is a badazz saw, this was the first time I cut with it and what a workout it got. Luckily my brother brought a friend who just happened to have a log splitter :chainsaw: , so they pretty much saved my life. I ended up ripping the big rounds in half and wheelbarrowing them to the front of the house where they split them and loaded my truck. 6 pickup trucks of split wood later......:cheers: . What a day, we were all whipped, but well worth the effort. Free wood is good wood....and it's white oak!! Thanks for all the input fellas...cheers.

Back