white oak slabs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubletodd

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got my trailer load of white oak slabs cut and split today. that was the nicest load of wood I've had in a while probably should have been sawed up for flooring or trim or somebody's furniture,but it makes a good lookin woodpile.finally ahead of the game and working on next years wood I think:)
of course with the 361, the wood almost processed itself

Last edited:
Ran out of wood before you were done having fun didn't ya?

That's what happens when you get a good saw.:clap:

yeah, for some reason I don't thinkI'll run out of wood next year like I did this year. I'm always itching to cut and i get twice as much wood cut:greenchainsaw:

I know what you mean about the wood being too nice. I cut up a 30" red oak last week with at least 10' of clear wood at the base. That would have made some nice lumber for someone.

I know what you mean about the wood being too nice. I cut up a 30" red oak last week with at least 10' of clear wood at the base. That would have made some nice lumber for someone.

I cut a 24" DBH red oak up this weekend that I got hung up in another tree last weekend:cry: My uncle pulled it out of the tree, and I cut it for a log for him. I measured the log, it was 22' 6" long. He told me to cut it into 2 100" lengths and buck up the remainder for firewood. That tree is nice and solid all the way up. What really makes that unusual around here is, 95-99% of the red oaks I cut down in this entire area are either hollow, punky, or both.

Cool thing too was, the rounds split up real easy with a splitting axe, even a few of the knotty ones:D

Back