white pine poodles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

che

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I don't know where else to put this...but I'm sure there are someone who would understand. I just met my new 'neighbor'. I brought their dog back to them before my dogs ATE him.....I came up and here's this man in the wonderful lush 250 foot triple row of 25 year old fragrant white pines....standing there with his chainsaw (no, I don't know what brand it was) raised up as far as he could above his head. ANY limb it could touch was cut down. I guess they want to be able to DRIVE through them to mow them. Hell....MOW THEM???? If they were kept full, the area's shaded enough that the yearly drop of needles kept it fairly weed/grass free. :angry2:

I know there's nothing I can do, they ARE on his property....but it's just killing me.

Che
(not really wonderful 'neighbor' material)

Isn't amazing what some nieghbors will do?

One of my neighbors used to own a salvage yard. He sold the yard, and had to have it cleaned out by this spring. When we moved in a little over a year ago, he had a really nice property (~13 acres). He's done a lot of work on it since we moved in, mainly cleaning brush, stuff I don't mind, stuff I would like to be able to do on my own property.

But, what did he do with all of the leftover stuff from the salvage yard? Hmmm.... Its now ringing his alfalfa field. Truck beds, snowplows, transmissions, engines, in general, JUNK! I know it's worth something to somebody, but I know he won't ever sell it all.....

He's still got a nice property, but I most certainly wouldn't have done with the salvaged stuff what he did.......:rolleyes:

Dan

Thanks guys. It's not as bad as I was thinking it would be. He DID cut them up too high...but when I went out later, at least the limbs are flexible enough that they dropped down quite a bit. This row of trees is parallel to our driveway and he DIDN'T do the extreme 'pruning' on our side.

What was really scary is that he'd drop all these limbs, then with a bush hog on the back of his tractor...he'd back up over and over again on 'em....cutting and pitching them all over the area. I'd been hearing all this commotion for a couple days......couldn't figure out what all the dinging and banging was...I KNEW there weren't that many rocks in that field. Glad my kids weren't on that side of the yard....I've seen how far that stuff can fly out of a bush hog.

JPS, you're right...I was even luckier as he was a fairly short man...with a short bar.

Che

Latest posts

Back